1) The act of accepting; a receiving what is offered, with approbation, satisfaction, or acquiescence; esp., favorable reception; approval; as, the acceptance of a gift, office, doctrine, etc.
2) State of being accepted; acceptableness.
3) An assent and engagement by the person on whom a bill of exchange is drawn, to pay it when due according to the terms of the acceptance.
4) The bill itself when accepted.
5) An agreeing to terms or proposals by which a bargain is concluded and the parties are bound; the reception or taking of a thing bought as that for which it was bought, or as that agreed to be delivered, or the taking possession as owner.
6) An agreeing to the action of another, by some act which binds the person in law.
7) Meaning; acceptation.
Example Sentences for
1) An important component of social learning is figuring out how to gain the Acceptance and respect of those who surround us
2) He tasted her complete Acceptance of him
3) Because I did not accept myself, I went off to school the next day and as a result found that Acceptance from others was hard to come by.
4) There was Acceptance in his voice of who and what he was, not bravado or bragging
5) The name Alex is an acronym for Avian Language EXperiment , but Pepperberg later cited the name as meaning Avian Learning EXperiment to evoke further Acceptance in her research field , a then touchy topic -LRB- explained in her book , Alex & Me -RRB-
6) You gave me Acceptance even when I didn’t deserve it
7) But by an appeal to her affection for her mother, by representing the inconveniences which that indulgent mother must draw on herself, if (as would probably be the case) she consented to this increase of establishment, Marianne was shortly subdued; and she promised not to tempt her mother to such imprudent kindness by mentioning the offer, and to tell Willoughby when she saw him next, that it must be declined. 70 Sense and Sensibility She was faithful to her word; and when Willoughby called at the cottage, the same day, Elinor heard her express her disappointment to him in a low voice, on being obliged to forego the Acceptance of his present.
8) Accommodation is a linguistics term meaning grammatical Acceptance of unstated values as in Accommodation of presuppositions
9) This single also helped Selena gain Acceptance in Mexico and tour all over the country
10) Or perhaps what is truly heroic is a tolerant Acceptance of human difference and frailty, of the kind that Bloom practises.
11) The idea was to link to the European Unions Bologna process and get international Acceptance for its degrees. , The Australia , 26 March 2008 many people were unhappy with these changes
12) As we pass through life, experiencing success and failure, Acceptance and rejection, each of us is trying to apprehend how the world really works
13) Submission is a form of peaceful Acceptance of the terms of the universe, including the things we are currently unable to change or comprehend.
14) Nobody would invite Little Nell to dinner if they could swing an Acceptance from Quilp or Silas Wegg, just as nobody would chat up Oliver Twist if they could share a pipe with the Artful Dodger.
15) If you can't win Acceptance to a college or university, work your way up through community college or a tech school.
16) She instantly wrote Sir John Middleton her acknowledgment of his kindness, and her Acceptance of his proposal; and then hastened to shew both letters to her daughters, that she might be secure of their approbation before her answer were sent.
17) If you can't win Acceptance to a college or university, work your way up through community college or a tech school.
18) When you trust that you have blessings—talents, knowledge, love—to share with others, you will begin the journey to self Acceptance even if your gifts are not yet apparent.
19) A Man Is Known by the Company He Avoids and how we gain the Acceptance we need from those we admire, determine the lives we will lead
20) He was very close to Princess Sophie of Bavaria and it has been suggested that he was the father to her son , the future ill-fated Emperor Maximilian I of MexicoMaximilian and Carlota by Gene Smith , ISBN 0245524185 , ISBN 978-0245524189 , but this suggestion has not found Acceptance
21) There was nothing but Acceptance in his expression
22) Diplomatic recognition , Acceptance of the sovereign status of a political entity by other sovereign governments
23) Somehow the small leopard’s Acceptance gave her hope
24) This idea has not found Acceptance
25) When you trust that you have blessings—talents, knowledge, love—to share with others, you will begin the journey to self Acceptance even if your gifts are not yet apparent.
26) Nobody would invite Little Nell to dinner if they could swing an Acceptance from Quilp or Silas Wegg, just as nobody would chat up Oliver Twist if they could share a pipe with the Artful Dodger.
27) In my first few months in the United States as a boy, I struggled with the Acceptance stage mightily.
28) Dart claimed that the skull must have been an intermediate species between ape and humans , but his claim about the Taung Child was rejected by the scientific community at the time due to the belief that a large cranial capacity must precede bipedal locomotion , this was exacerbated by the widespread Acceptance of the Piltdown Man
29) Then they all crowded round her once more, while the Dodo solemnly presented the thimble, saying We beg your Acceptance of this elegant thimble’; and, when it had finished this short speech, they all cheered.
30) Accommodation , a linguistics term meaning grammatical Acceptance of unstated values as in accommodation of presuppositions