1) To extol or honor in a solemn manner; as, to celebrate the name of the Most High.
2) To honor by solemn rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep; as, to celebrate a birthday.
3) To perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites; as, to celebrate a marriage.
Example Sentences for
1) Assuming victory , the Trojans take the horse into the city and Celebrate
2) In 2000 a concert was given in All Saints Church , Peterborough to Celebrate his 90th birthday
3) You can then, as in Conrad’s fiction, Celebrate the hard work, loyalty and conscientiousness on deck while forgetting the material ends which all this ultimately serves.
4) It is used to date events in many Muslim countries -LRB- concurrently with the Gregorian calendar -RRB- , and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to Celebrate Islamic holy days and festivals
5) My hosts staged a very thoughtful party to Celebrate my twenty-third birthday, but my stomach and I were not exactly in the mood for the festivities.
6) Then he took to the lower branches, and in another fifteen minutes he emerged into the amphitheater of the apes, where they met in council, or to Celebrate the rites of the Dum-Dum.
7) Fed Cup is the premier team competition in womens tennis , launched in 1963 to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation -LRB- ITF -RRB-
8) To Celebrate , Nintendo released the Classic NES Series and an NES controller-themed color scheme for the Game Boy Advance SP
9) Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV meets with his nephew Charles V of France to publicly Celebrate the friendship between their two nations
10) There were people dancing and a secret temple built to Celebrate the Tradition of the Moon.”
11) Though as a family we Celebrate the Sabbath every so often, personally I don’t even remember the last time I prayed.
12) We Celebrate tough victories not because we survived the effort but because our nature is to keep growing and seeking even higher levels of fulfillment.
13) To Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the charts in 2005 a jubilee book was published
14) There has to be a better way to Celebrate your individuality than following the same fads and trends as every mum at the mall, doesn't there?
15) The Order of the Golden Fleece is founded by Philip III , Duke of Burgundy to Celebrate his marriage
16) Many towns that Celebrate Groundhog Day throughout North America have winter-predicting groundhogs
17) In the same year YCAT Celebrate their 25th anniversary with two gala concerts at the Wigmore Hall which bring together former YCAT award winners as well as contemporary YCAT artists
18) My hosts staged a very thoughtful party to Celebrate my twenty-third birthday, but my stomach and I were not exactly in the mood for the festivities.
19) Elizabeth was entertained three times at Sudeley Castle , which including a spectacular feast in 1592 to Celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Spanish Armada
20) You can then, as in Conrad’s fiction, Celebrate the hard work, loyalty and conscientiousness on deck while forgetting the material ends which all this ultimately serves.
21) We'll have a double reason to Celebrate every New Year's Eve
22) Each Major Basilica has a throne for the pope and an altar that is specially for the pope to Celebrate mass.
23) Elizabeth was entertained three times at Sudeley Castle , which included a spectacular three-day feast in 1592 to Celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Spanish Armada
24) In 1996 the Archbishop of Canterbury gave him the Lambeth Doctorate of Music to Celebrate all he has done for church music
25) Easter eggs or spring eggs are special eggs that are often given to Celebrate Easter or springtime
26) This holiday is to Celebrate when God saved Moses and the Israelites from Pharaoh in Egypt
27) The genus Darwinius was named to Celebrate Charles Darwin on his bicentenary and the species name masillae honors Messel where the specimen was found
28) The egg was a symbol of the earth to Celebrate spring
29) Sikhs Celebrate this festival because of the returning of their sixth Guru , Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji , from the Gwalior Fort , where he had been imprisoned along with 53 other Kings by Emperor Jahangir -LRB- reason : being a non-muslim -RRB- , and all of those 53 Kings had been freed along with the Guru on the Gurus demand
30) English villages joyfully ringing their church bells to Celebrate the wedding of Samuel Richardson’s character Pamela is simply a bizarrely literal version of this symbolic solidarity.