1) To extol or honor in a solemn manner; as, to celebrate the name of the Most High.
2) To honor by solemn rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep; as, to celebrate a birthday.
3) To perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites; as, to celebrate a marriage.
Example Sentences for
1) You can then, as in Conrad’s fiction, Celebrate the hard work, loyalty and conscientiousness on deck while forgetting the material ends which all this ultimately serves.
2) Every April , the people of Olympia Celebrate the `` Procession of the Species , ' a parade
3) The genus Darwinius was named to Celebrate Charles Darwin on his bicentenary and the species name masillae honors Messel where the specimen was found
4) My hosts staged a very thoughtful party to Celebrate my twenty-third birthday, but my stomach and I were not exactly in the mood for the festivities.
5) To Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the charts in 2005 a jubilee book was published
6) Though as a family we Celebrate the Sabbath every so often, personally I don’t even remember the last time I prayed.
7) Easter eggs or spring eggs are special eggs that are often given to Celebrate Easter or springtime
8) Order of the Golden Fleece is founded by Philip III , Duke of Burgundy to Celebrate his marriage
9) It is used to date events in many Muslim countries -LRB- concurrently with the Gregorian calendar -RRB- , and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to Celebrate Islamic holy days and festivals
10) Many towns that Celebrate Groundhog Day throughout North America have winter-predicting groundhogs
11) English villages joyfully ringing their church bells to Celebrate the wedding of Samuel Richardson’s character Pamela is simply a bizarrely literal version of this symbolic solidarity.
12) This holiday is to Celebrate when God saved Moses and the Israelites from Pharaoh in Egypt
13) Sikhs Celebrate this festival because of the returning of their sixth Guru , Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji , from the Gwalior Fort , where he had been imprisoned along with 53 other Kings by Emperor Jahangir -LRB- reason : being a non-muslim -RRB- , and all of those 53 Kings had been freed along with the Guru on the Gurus demand
14) Acclaimed for centuries as a mystic , philosopher and lover of humanity , his followers founded a religious sect to promulgate and Celebrate his teachings -- the Sufi branch known to many Westerners as the Whirling Dervishes , but whose proper name is the Mevlevi order
15) We Celebrate tough victories not because we survived the effort but because our nature is to keep growing and seeking even higher levels of fulfillment.
16) In the same year YCAT Celebrate their 25th anniversary with two gala concerts at the Wigmore Hall which bring together former YCAT award winners as well as contemporary YCAT artists
17) In 2000 a concert was given in All Saints Church , Peterborough to Celebrate his 90th birthday
18) The egg was a symbol of the earth to Celebrate spring
19) Though as a family we Celebrate the Sabbath every so often, personally I don’t even remember the last time I prayed.
20) Each Major Basilica has a throne for the pope and an altar that is specially for the pope to Celebrate mass.
21) Freak returns from the hospital and the two Celebrate Christmas Eve together
22) My hosts staged a very thoughtful party to Celebrate my twenty-third birthday, but my stomach and I were not exactly in the mood for the festivities.
23) Then he took to the lower branches, and in another fifteen minutes he emerged into the amphitheater of the apes, where they met in council, or to Celebrate the rites of the Dum-Dum.
24) Assuming victory , the Trojans take the horse into the city and Celebrate
25) The Order of the Golden Fleece is founded by Philip III , Duke of Burgundy to Celebrate his marriage
26) There has to be a better way to Celebrate your individuality than following the same fads and trends as every mum at the mall, doesn't there?
27) Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV meets with his nephew Charles V of France to publicly Celebrate the friendship between their two nations
28) There were people dancing and a secret temple built to Celebrate the Tradition of the Moon.”
29) Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV visits his nephew Charles V of France to publicly Celebrate the friendship between their two nations
30) To Celebrate , Nintendo released the Classic NES Series and an NES controller-themed color scheme for the Game Boy Advance SP