1) To extol or honor in a solemn manner; as, to celebrate the name of the Most High.
2) To honor by solemn rites, by ceremonies of joy and respect, or by refraining from ordinary business; to observe duly; to keep; as, to celebrate a birthday.
3) To perform or participate in, as a sacrament or solemn rite; to solemnize; to perform with appropriate rites; as, to celebrate a marriage.
Example Sentences for
1) Acclaimed for centuries as a mystic , philosopher and lover of humanity , his followers founded a religious sect to promulgate and Celebrate his teachings -- the Sufi branch known to many Westerners as the Whirling Dervishes , but whose proper name is the Mevlevi order
2) Order of the Golden Fleece is founded by Philip III , Duke of Burgundy to Celebrate his marriage
3) To Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the charts in 2005 a jubilee book was published
4) Every April , the people of Olympia Celebrate the `` Procession of the Species , ' a parade
5) It is used to date events in many Muslim countries -LRB- concurrently with the Gregorian calendar -RRB- , and used by Muslims everywhere to determine the proper day on which to Celebrate Islamic holy days and festivals
6) Elizabeth was entertained three times at Sudeley Castle , which including a spectacular feast in 1592 to Celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Spanish Armada
7) To Celebrate the opening of the Hong Kong Disneyland , the Walt Disney Company published the Hong Kong Disneyland - The Grand Opening Celebration Album -LRB- -RRB- and invited both Kellyjackie and Kelly Chen to perform the song He invites me to Disneyland , leading to the advent of the duet version of the song
8) In 2000 a concert was given in All Saints Church , Peterborough to Celebrate his 90th birthday
9) We'll have a double reason to Celebrate every New Year's Eve
10) We Celebrate tough victories not because we survived the effort but because our nature is to keep growing and seeking even higher levels of fulfillment.
11) Assuming victory , the Trojans take the horse into the city and Celebrate
12) Elizabeth was entertained three times at Sudeley Castle , which included a spectacular three-day feast in 1592 to Celebrate the anniversary of the defeat of the Spanish Armada
13) Each Major Basilica has a throne for the pope and an altar that is specially for the pope to Celebrate mass.
14) In 1996 the Archbishop of Canterbury gave him the Lambeth Doctorate of Music to Celebrate all he has done for church music
15) You can then, as in Conrad’s fiction, Celebrate the hard work, loyalty and conscientiousness on deck while forgetting the material ends which all this ultimately serves.
16) English villages joyfully ringing their church bells to Celebrate the wedding of Samuel Richardson’s character Pamela is simply a bizarrely literal version of this symbolic solidarity.
17) English villages joyfully ringing their church bells to Celebrate the wedding of Samuel Richardson’s character Pamela is simply a bizarrely literal version of this symbolic solidarity.
18) My hosts staged a very thoughtful party to Celebrate my twenty-third birthday, but my stomach and I were not exactly in the mood for the festivities.
19) Easter eggs or spring eggs are special eggs that are often given to Celebrate Easter or springtime
20) Then he took to the lower branches, and in another fifteen minutes he emerged into the amphitheater of the apes, where they met in council, or to Celebrate the rites of the Dum-Dum.
21) Many towns that Celebrate Groundhog Day throughout North America have winter-predicting groundhogs
22) We Celebrate tough victories not because we survived the effort but because our nature is to keep growing and seeking even higher levels of fulfillment.
23) This holiday is to Celebrate when God saved Moses and the Israelites from Pharaoh in Egypt
24) Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV visits his nephew Charles V of France to publicly Celebrate the friendship between their two nations
25) You can then, as in Conrad’s fiction, Celebrate the hard work, loyalty and conscientiousness on deck while forgetting the material ends which all this ultimately serves.
26) Fed Cup is the premier team competition in womens tennis , launched in 1963 to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation -LRB- ITF -RRB-
27) The egg was a symbol of the earth to Celebrate spring
28) Though as a family we Celebrate the Sabbath every so often, personally I don’t even remember the last time I prayed.
29) Sikhs Celebrate this festival because of the returning of their sixth Guru , Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji , from the Gwalior Fort , where he had been imprisoned along with 53 other Kings by Emperor Jahangir -LRB- reason : being a non-muslim -RRB- , and all of those 53 Kings had been freed along with the Guru on the Gurus demand
30) Freak returns from the hospital and the two Celebrate Christmas Eve together