1) The act or fact of communicating; as, communication of smallpox; communication of a secret.
2) Intercourse by words, letters, or messages; interchange of thoughts or opinions, by conference or other means; conference; correspondence.
3) Association; company.
4) Means of communicating; means of passing from place to place; a connecting passage; connection.
5) That which is communicated or imparted; intelligence; news; a verbal or written message.
6) Participation in the Lord's supper.
7) A trope, by which a speaker assumes that his hearer is a partner in his sentiments, and says we, instead of I or you.
Examples Sentences for
1) Although there is a growing movement of parents who choose to help their babies use the toilet from birth -LRB- see `` Elimination Communication ' and `` Infant potty training method ' for more details -RRB- , most children in the United States are toilet trained while they are toddlers
2) Sterne portrays a world in which reason, identity and Communication are gradually collapsing, as men and women retreat to their own solipsistic enclaves.
3) It is also called Meteor scatter Communication
4) Opening the source code enabled a self-enhancing diversity of production models , Communication paths , and interactive communities
5) United States National Academy of Sciences Communication Award
6) I shall commit my thoughts to paper, it is true; but that is a poor medium for the Communication of feeling.
7) It is used in astronomical telescopes and laser Communication systems to remove the effects of atmospheric distortion , and in retinal imaging systems to reduce the impact of optical aberrations
8) To what use can I turn this Communication without you?
9) But it meant a whole second's time lag in Communication between us on the ground and the ship's battle computer.
10) Language is a term most commonly used to refer to so-called `` natural languages ' -- the spoken and signed forms of Communication ubiquitous among humankind
11) I let the music be our Communication until we reached the club.
12) Sense-impressions are private, whereas words are public; and Communication on this model involves fitting the two together.
13) The use of satellite Communication in recent years has meant that that meteor burst Communication is no longer as useful as it was
14) This is important because everything we do represents a Communication about ourselves and what we value
15) Formerly an important industrial site , it has successfully reconverted into business services and is now home to major Communication companies headquartered in the Val de Seine business district
16) Found exclusively in fresh water , these mostly nocturnal fishes are capable of producing electric fields for navigation , Communication , and , in the case of the electric eel -LRB- Electrophorus electricus -RRB- , attack and defense
17) Auxiliary languages -LRB- auxlangs -RRB- devised for international Communication -LRB- also IALs , for International Auxiliary Language -RRB- ;
18) But, to speak seriously, Harry; has any Communication from the great nobs produced this sudden anxiety on your part to be gone?’ ‘The great nobs,sreplied Harry, under which designation, I presume, you include my most stately uncle, have not communicated with me at all, since I have been here; nor, at this time of the year, is it likely that anything would occur to render necessary my immediate attendance among them.’ ‘Well,ssaid the doctor, you are a queer fellow.
19) I let the music be our Communication until we reached the club.
20) Body language is a form of non-verbal Communication , which consists of body posture , gestures , facial expressions , and eye movements
21) Fagin appeared to receive this Communication with great interest.
22) Secure Shell -LRB- SSH -RRB- is an Internet Communication protocol used to exchange data using a secure channel between two computers
23) This can include endeavors as varied as consumer electronics , Communication , and knowledge transfer objects -LRB- such as a cookbook , a document or online help -RRB- and mechanical objects such as a door handles or a hammer
24) I shall commit my thoughts to paper, it is true; but that is a poor medium for the Communication of feeling.
25) Rousing himself sufficiently to sit up and look about him, he found that worthy in close fellowship and Communication with a labouring man, over a pint of ale. ‘So, you’re going on to Lower Halliford, are you?sinquired Sikes. ‘Yes, I am,sreplied the man, who seemed a little the worse—or better, as the case might be—for drinking; and not slow about it neither.
26) It was her main means of Communication with the world, and Liz found it convenient now too.
27) During his or her education program at Pharmakon -- Danish College of Pharmacy Practice , the pharmaconomist student studies human and animal anatomy , physiology , pathology , pharmacology , pharmaconomy , pharmacy practice , pharmaceutics , toxicology , pharmacognosy , clinical pharmacy , pharmacotherapy , pharmaceutical sciences , chemistry , pharmaceutical chemistry , biochemistry , biology , microbiology , molecular biology , genetics , cytology , medicine , veterinary medicine , zoology , diagnosis , medical prescription , pharmacy law , medical sociology , patient safety , health care , psychology , psychiatry , pedagogy , Communication , information technology -LRB- IT -RRB- , bioethics , medical ethics , safety , leadership , organization , logistics , economy , quality assurance -LRB- QA -RRB- , sales and marketing
28) But, to speak seriously, Harry; has any Communication from the great nobs produced this sudden anxiety on your part to be gone?’ ‘The great nobs,sreplied Harry, under which designation, I presume, you include my most stately uncle, have not communicated with me at all, since I have been here; nor, at this time of the year, is it likely that anything would occur to render necessary my immediate attendance among them.’ ‘Well,ssaid the doctor, you are a queer fellow.
29) Despite being solitary hunters , cats are a social species and use a variety of vocalizations , pheromones and types of body language for Communication
30) The Danish Centre of Urban History -LRB- in Danish , Dansk Center for Byhistorie -RRB- is a research and Communication center for the history of Danish cities