1) That in which one is concerned or interested; concern; affair; interest.
2) Importance; moment; consequence.
3) Concern; participation; interposition.
4) Emotion of mind; solicitude; anxiety.
p. pr. & vb. n.
1) of Concern
1) Pertaining to; regarding; having relation to; respecting; as regards.
Example Sentences for
1) Frankenstein discovered that I made notes Concerning his history; he asked to see them and then himself corrected and augmented them in many places, but principally in giving the life and spirit to the conversations he held with his enemy.
2) In the case of game shows , the introduction of new -LRB- or revised -RRB- rules , new bonus games , rules Concerning prizes -LRB- such as what can be won -RRB- , and/or new models
3) It is a standing and very favourite joke, for Mr Brownlow to rally him on his old prophecy Concerning Oliver, and to remind him of the night on which they sat with the watch between them, waiting his return; but Mr Grimwig contends that he was right in the main, and, in proof thereof, remarks that Oliver did not come back after all; which always calls forth a laugh on his side, and increases his good humour.
4) To double once more the philosopherís difficulties, there is also the fact that he demands from himself a verdict, a Yea or Nay, not Concerning science, but Concerning life and the worth of lifeóhe learns unwillingly to believe that it is his right and even his duty to obtain this verdict, and he has to seek his way to the right and the belief only through the most extensive (perhaps disturbing and destroying) experiences, often hesitating, doubting, and dumbfounded.
5) Now, dear Victor, I dare say you wish to be indulged in a little gossip Concerning the good people of Geneva.
6) The Story of a Trooper ; with much Concerning the Campaign on the Peninsula , -LRB- 1861-1862 , -RRB- N. York , 1865 ,
7) Frankenstein discovered that I made notes Concerning his history; he asked to see them and then himself corrected and augmented them in many places, but principally in giving the life and spirit to the conversations he held with his enemy.
8) I asked the computer what the lasers' temperature limit was, and it printed out TR 398-734-009-265, Some Aspects Concerning the Adaptability of Cryogenic Ordnance to Use in Relatively High-Temperature Environments, which had lots of handy advice about how we could insulate the weapons if we had access to a fully-equipped armorer's shop.
9) Socrates himself, following, of course, the taste of his talentóthat of a surpassing dialecticianótook first the side of reason; and, in fact, what did he do all his life but laugh at the awkward incapacity of the noble Athenians, who were men of instinct, like all noble men, and could never give satisfactory answers Concerning the motives of their actions?
10) In rather a too philosophical and connected a strain, perhaps, I have given an account of the conclusions I had come to Concerning them in my early years.
11) Indeed, in former times fathers deemed it right to use their discretion Concerning the life or death of the newly born (as among the ancient Germans).
12) This was the last case Concerning deaths on the inner German border
13) I avoided explanation and maintained a continual silence Concerning the wretch I had created.
14) I found myself similar yet at the same time strangely unlike to the beings Concerning whom I read and to whose conversation I was a listener.
15) Having conquered the violence of his feelings, he appeared to despise himself for being the slave of passion; and quelling the dark tyranny of despair, he led me again to converse Concerning myself personally.
16) Shortly after that accident, a friend gave Joni a copy of a Bible verse that says, In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God and Christ Jesus Concerning you.
17) Justine, you may remember, was a great favourite of yours; and I recollect you once remarked that if you were in an ill humour, one glance from Justine could dissipate it, for the same reason that Ariosto gives Concerning the beauty of Angelica—she looked so frank-hearted and happy.
18) The Story of a Trooper ; with much Concerning the Campaign on the Peninsula , -LRB- 1861 -- 1862 , -RRB- N. York , 1865 , 12mo
19) The most common reasons for becoming a vegan are human health , ethical commitment or moral conviction Concerning animal rights or welfare , the environment , and spiritual or religious concerns
20) Sherburn in Fielding's Social Outlook, (p 5) notes that Fielding's cen tral idea . . . Concerning the relation of the classes to each other would be the concept of all classes working together for the good of the whole. 24.
21) European overseas expansion led to the rise of colonial empires , with the contact between the Old and New Worlds producing the Columbian Exchange : a wide transfer of plants , animals , foods , human populations -LRB- including slaves -RRB- , communicable diseases , and culture between the Eastern and Western hemispheres , in one of the most significant global events Concerning ecology , agriculture , and culture in history
22) I tried to calm Ernest; I enquired more minutely Concerning my father, and her I named my cousin. ‘She most of all,ssaid Ernest, requires consolation; she accused herself of having caused the death of my brother, and that made her very wretched.
23) I tried to calm Ernest; I enquired more minutely Concerning my father, and her I named my cousin. ‘She most of all,ssaid Ernest, requires consolation; she accused herself of having caused the death of my brother, and that made her very wretched.
24) When I found so astonishing a power placed within my hands, I hesitated a long time Concerning the manner in which I should employ it.
25) I requested his advice Concerning the books I ought to procure. ‘I am happy,ssaid M Waldman, to have gained a disciple; and if your application equals your ability, I have no doubt of your success.
26) There has been much speculation Concerning what is most likely to have been the identity of the original plant
27) I beg permission to have a few witnesses examined Concerning my character, and if their testimony shall not overweigh my supposed guilt, I must be condemned, although I would pledge my salvation on my innocence.’
28) I asked the computer what the lasers' temperature limit was, and it printed out TR 398-734-009-265, Some Aspects Concerning the Adaptability of Cryogenic Ordnance to Use in Relatively High-Temperature Environments, which had lots of handy advice about how we could insulate the weapons if we had access to a fully-equipped armorer's shop.
29) This aroused the stranger’s attention, and he asked a multitude of questions Concerning the route which the demon, as he called him, had pursued.
30) Immediately afterwards he felt himself gently lifted on to one of the sacks; and then he sunk into a deep sleep. 92 Oliver Twist CHAPTER IX CONTAINING FURTHER PARTICULARS Concerning THE PLEASANT OLD GENTLEMAN, AND HIS HOPEFUL PUPILS I t was late next morning when Oliver awoke, from a sound, long sleep.