1) Public report or rumor.
2) Report or opinion generally diffused; renown; public estimation; celebrity, either favorable or unfavorable; as, the fame of Washington.
1) To report widely or honorably.
2) To make famous or renowned.
Example Sentences for
1) Dennis Davis -- Drums on `` Fame '
2) Monica Seles -LRB- , Serbian : , Monika Sele , , born December 2 , 1973 -RRB- is a former World No. 1 professional tennis player and a member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame
3) I am as much the fool of Fame as ever.
4) Dryden is married with two children and two grandchildren and is a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame
5) Carême gained Fame in Paris for his pièces montées , elaborate constructions used as centerpieces , which Bailly displayed in the pâtisserie window
6) `` Fame ' is a song recorded by David Bowie , initially released in 1975 and in remixed versions , in 1990
7) After the murder of Theo van Gogh , Submission gained international Fame
8) He gained Fame as an excellent horseman , fighter , and tactician , but was notorious for the extreme brutality with which he wielded these gifts
9) He gained Fame as the principal songwriter , lyricist , bass player , co-lead vocalist and one of the founding members of the rock band Pink Floyd
10) Carême gained Fame in Paris for his cake centrepieces , which Bailly put in the pâtisserie window
11) The father of the realist historical novel is often said to be Walter Scott; and it was certainly Scott, with his pop-idol-like Fame throughout Europe and America, who played a major role in establishing the novel as a genuinely serioussliterary genre.
12) The gods asked Fenrir to try the new fetter , and that should he break this feat of engineering , Fenrir would achieve great Fame for his strength
13) This meant rejecting all conventional desires for wealth , power , health , and Fame , and by living a simple life free from all possessions
14) In 1991 , Cohen was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame
15) Michael Garrett Shanks -LRB- born December 15 , 1970 -RRB- is a Canadian actor who achieved Fame for his role as Dr. Daniel Jackson on the long-running science fiction television series Stargate SG-1
16) Those days might, without exaggeration, be called spacious days: and if they are gone beyond recall let us hope, at least, that in gatherings such as this we shall still speak of them with pride and affection, still cherish in our hearts the memory of those dead and gone great ones whose Fame the world will not willingly let die.’ ‘Hear, hear!ssaid Mr Browne loudly. ‘But yet,scontinued Gabriel, his voice falling into a softer inflection, there are always in gatherings such as this sadder thoughts that will recur to our minds: thoughts of the past, of youth, of changes, of absent faces that we miss here tonight.
17) Early in his career , Satriani worked as a guitar instructor , and some of his former students have achieved Fame with their guitar skills -LRB- Steve Vai , Larry LaLonde , Kirk Hammett , Andy Timmons , Charlie Hunter , Kevin Cadogan , Alex Skolnick -RRB-
18) Her performance as Lola-Lola in The Blue Angel , directed by Josef von Sternberg , brought her international Fame and a contract with Paramount Pictures in the US
19) Kelly has won eight Australian Recording Industry Association -LRB- ARIA -RRB- Music Awards including his induction into their Hall of Fame in 1997
20) Inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1959
21) In addition to the Midi school , the goth rock magazine Painkiller Magazine brought bands such as Edguy , Lacrimosa and Hatesphere to Fame in China
22) The team included five future Honoured Members of the Hockey Hall of Fame : Moose Johnson , Hod Stuart , Riley Hern , Lester Patrick , and Ernie Russell
23) Peterson won seven Grammy Awards and was put into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1978
24) Hall of Fame Award winners
25) Not only did this drama help skyrocket 5566 to Fame , they were also the driving force behind the careers of Angela Chang and Johnny Yan
26) Spain and Portugal were filled with young men begging for a chance to find military Fame after the Moors were defeated
27) Founded in 1988 as a quintet -LRB- group of five people -RRB- , Boyz II Men found Fame as a quartet -LRB- group of four -RRB- , with members Nathan Morris , Michael McCary , Shawn Stockman , and Wanya Morris , on Motown Records during the early 1990s
28) Gwynn was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 2007
29) This rise to Fame fueled the sales of a small instruction book he had written about military scouting , Aids to Scouting
30) Ralph McDonald -- Percussion on `` Fame '