1) Belonging to the sex which conceives and gives birth to young, or (in a wider sense) which produces ova; not male.
2) Belonging to an individual of the female sex; characteristic of woman; feminine; as, female tenderness.
3) Having pistils and no stamens; pistillate; or, in cryptogamous plants, capable of receiving fertilization.
1) An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova.
2) A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organs which are capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
Example Sentences for
1) Through bad Female cooksóthrough the entire lack of reason in the kitchenó the development of mankind has been longest retarded and most interfered with: even today matters are very little better.
2) New meerkat groups form when a Female is kicked out and she teams up with a male and starts a new family
3) Hardy sometimes presents Female sexuality as destructive, and appears to share the sexist view of his age that women are in general closer to Nature than men.
4) In the main hall a bar with a real brass rail was set up, and stocked with gins and liquors and with cordials so long forgotten that most of his Female guests were too young to know one from another.
5) Irish women like Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan), Maria Edgeworth and others were intensively involved in fiction about national and cultural identity, and its complex relations to gender, in a way which gives the lie to the prejudice that while the expansively masculinesSir Walter wrote novels about the public world, Female writers were all as domestically restricted as a Jane Austen.
6) The longest animal on record is a Female blue whale , 29.9 m long
7) Because when a soul divides, it always divides into a male part and a Female part.
8) Lawrence also arranges the male and Female principles on an historical axis.
9) When was the last time you heard about a Female CEO having an a air with a guy she picked up at a massage parlor?”
10) The so-called Female principle of compassion, idealism and sexual tenderness (‘slimy, creepy personal intimacy’, as Aaron Sisson calls it in Aaron’s Rod) must yield to the male principle of discipline, separateness and mystical impersonality.
11) The American Film Institute named Taylor seventh on its Female Legends list
12) As happens quite often in the novels of this period, there is no Female parent in sight for either of them.
13) Slutskaya , known for her athletic ability , was the first Female skater to land a triple lutz-triple loop combination
14) It is the child of a Female horse and a male donkey
15) Famous people from this tribe include : Jomo Kenyatta -LRB- the first president of Kenya -RRB- , Mwai Kibaki -LRB- the current president -RRB- and Wangari Maathai -LRB- the first African Female Nobel Peace Prize winner . -RRB-
16) Fabienne Gondamin - Female Vocals on `` At Sixes and Sevens (2002) '
17) She was a Female truck driver who switched boyfriends like she switched underwear.
18) Henriette Bordvik - Live Female Vocals -LRB- 2003-2005 -RRB- , Female Vocals on `` An Elixir for Existence (2004) ' & `` Sirenian Shores (2004) '
19) The technical term for oral sex is fellatio if performed on a male and cunnilingus if performed on a Female
20) He continued, ‘You must create a Female for me with whom I can live in the interchange of those sympathies necessary for my being.
21) The Female reproductive organ is the carpel : this contains an ovary with ovules -LRB- which contain Female gametes -RRB-
22) Not every Female CEO is a bitch,” Jillian said, thinking about it, and Fiona laughed nervously.
23) But although moral reeducation is a task allowed women by society, it is not specifically a Female task; Frank is just as active in such reclama tion projects as Anna.
24) A single Female may lay from several dozen to several thousand eggs during her lifetime
25) In most people they are all the same -- either male or Female
26) And I have a Female side, too.”
27) Inchbald ex plains that it was not . . . the crime, but the rank which the criminal held in 184 SOCIAL PROTEST society, that drew down Lady Bendham's vengeance: she even car ried her distinction of classes in Female error to such a very nice point, that the adulterous concubine of an elder brother was her most intimate acquaintance, whilst the less guilty unmarried mis tress of the younger, she would not sully her lips to exchange a word with. (vol.
28) Hardy sometimes presents Female sexuality as destructive, and appears to share the sexist view of his age that women are in general closer to Nature than men.
29) As happens quite often in the novels of this period, there is no Female parent in sight for either of them.
30) Male leopards are about 30 % larger than Female leopards