1) Belonging to the sex which conceives and gives birth to young, or (in a wider sense) which produces ova; not male.
2) Belonging to an individual of the female sex; characteristic of woman; feminine; as, female tenderness.
3) Having pistils and no stamens; pistillate; or, in cryptogamous plants, capable of receiving fertilization.
1) An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova.
2) A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organs which are capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
Example Sentences for
1) A Female field worker, Hardy remarks in Tess, is a portion of the field; she has somehow lost her own margin, imbibed the essence of her surroundings, and assimilated herself with it’.
2) In Pakpattan , the postgraduate degree college for males is known as Faridia Degree College , at College Road and a Female degree college known as Govt
3) In the main hall a bar with a real brass rail was set up, and stocked with gins and liquors and with cordials so long forgotten that most of his Female guests were too young to know one from another.
4) It is an evolution from Female heartsto male soul’.
5) 50.55 % of the people are male and 49.23 % are Female
6) I figured maybe she was just territorial and jealous like most Female best friends were, so I trusted my man.
7) And she claims that she uses me as a guinea pig for her research, about Female CEOs.”
8) Male leopards are about 30 % larger than Female leopards
9) The Female vocal folds are between 12.5 mm and 17.5 mm long
10) The American Film Institute named Taylor seventh on its Female Legends list
11) Irish women like Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan), Maria Edgeworth and others were intensively involved in fiction about national and cultural identity, and its complex relations to gender, in a way which gives the lie to the prejudice that while the expansively masculinesSir Walter wrote novels about the public world, Female writers were all as domestically restricted as a Jane Austen.
12) Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 03-Sep-2009 the gender distribution of the population was 49.6 % male and 50.4 % Female
13) The Female form of Gabriel is Gabrielle
14) Yet behind Waverley – the work of an author who pokes fun at the excesses of Gothic, sentimental, chivalric and Female fiction – lies an obscure novel by an Anglo-Irish Gothic author, Charles Maturin’s The Milesian Chief.
15) It was named in April 2007 after Hyrrokkin , a giantess -LRB- Female giant -RRB- from Norse mythology , who launched Hringhorni , Baldrs funeral ship
16) Comedian Colin Quinn on the phenomenon of Female suicide bombers: “With guys, they get seventy-two virgins when they die
17) Mistress is a somewhat old fashioned term for a Female lover of a man who is married to another woman , or of an unmarried man
18) They might even hate each other; the creature who already lived loathed his own deformity, and might he not conceive a greater abhorrence for it when it came before his eyes in the Female form?
19) But he would have loved to have Fiona’s Female point of view, and clearly that wasn’t going to happen.
20) He originally lived in the city , and tried to impress a Female Meowth named Meowzie by learning to walk on two legs and speak human language
21) Sex is whether somebody is biologically male or Female
22) A male sibling is called a brother ; and a Female sibling is called a sister
23) “What do you think about my theory, about the di erence between male and Female CEOs and their sexual habits?”
24) “She’s a classic example of what happens to Female CEOs.
25) The band uses melodic instrumentals , synthesizers , and distorted guitars with Female vocals , male death vocals , clean male vocals , a choir and violins
26) She was already shifting, a sleek Female leopard with rounded curves and a feline body built for speed and endurance
27) A group of Female Finnish pirates invented it back in the fifteenth century, and named it the Devil’s Tongue because it twisted this way and that, in a most complicated and eerie way
28) The Female is also reported to sing during the breeding season to attract the attention of males
29) Monika Pedersen - Live Female Vocals -LRB- 2006-2007 -RRB- , Female Vocals on `` Nine Destinies and a Downfall (2007) '
30) Fabienne Gondamin - Female Vocals (2001)