1) A figure of St. George (the patron saint of England) on horseback, appended to the collar of the Order of the Garter. See Garter.
2) A kind of brown loaf.
Example Sentences for
1) His car was passing through the St. George Hotel in the Lebanese capital , Beirut
2) Or, to put it another way, how the earlier phase of George Eliot’s life is to be reconciled with her later career.
3) Until long after midnight a changing crowd lapped up against the front of the garage while George Wilson rocked himself back and forth on the couch inside.
4) The city has received national recognition as the hometown of former First Lady Laura Bush and the childhood home of former President George W. Bush
5) The Bush family soon moved to Midland , Texas ; as George Bush entered political life , Barbara raised their children
6) Subsequent principal conductors , with the title of Music Director , were Artur Rodzi ski -LRB- 1933 -- 1943 -RRB- , Erich Leinsdorf -LRB- 1943 -- 1944 -RRB- , George Szell -LRB- 1946 -- 1970 -RRB- , Pierre Boulez -LRB- Musical Advisor 1970-1972 -RRB- , Lorin Maazel -LRB- 1972 -- 1982 -RRB- , and Christoph von Dohnányi -LRB- 1984 -- 2002 -RRB-
7) It is named after its creator George Boole
8) She nodded and moved away from him just as George Wilson emerged with two chairs from his office door.
9) Henry George Liddell , Robert Scott , A Greek-English Lexicon , on Perseus Digital Library -RRB- is an organ found in virtually all vertebrate animals with important roles in regard to red blood cells and the immune system
10) For one thing, it makes the eighteenth-century novel sound like a dummy run for Jane Austen and George Eliot, whom it could not have known about, rather than a phenomenon in its own right.
11) This is indeed an innovation, since the very idea of social forcessor significant historical currents, of the kind we will come across later in George Eliot or Joseph Conrad, was pretty well unknown to the eighteenth-century novelists.
12) It is hard to imagine George Eliot taking so severe a line.
13) He wrote the screenplays for Underworld -LRB- aka Transmutations -- 1985 -RRB- and Rawhead Rex (1986) , both directed by George Pavlou
14) Heston is known for having played heroic roles , such as Moses in The Ten Commandments , Colonel George Taylor in Planet of the Apes , El Cid , and Judah Ben-Hur , for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor
15) She made the medal-portraits to the celebration of the anniversary of the king and queen , and she was hired by the US government to make the medal of George Washington at the centenary -LRB- hundred years anniversary -RRB- of the end of the war of independence in 1883
16) When Lennon introduced White to George Harrison , he was asked to perform on the All Things Must Pass album
17) At the end of World War II , English author and journalist George Orwell used the term Cold War in the essay `` You and the Atomic Bomb ' published October 19 , 1945 , in the British newspaper Tribune
18) Its capital , George Town , is located on the main island -LRB- Grand Cayman -RRB-
19) Or, to put it another way, how the earlier phase of George Eliot’s life is to be reconciled with her later career.
20) 1946-1970 George Szell
21) Bruce George Gamble -LRB- May 24 , 1938 -- December 30 , 1982 -RRB- is a former professional ice hockey goaltender who played 10 season in the NHL between 1962 and 1972
22) 1974 - `` The Rumble in the Jungle ' : Muhammad Ali knocks out George Foreman in Kinshasa , Zaire to regain the World Heavyweight Boxing championship
23) All of those rescued by Nordnorge were taken to the Chilean Frei Montalva Station on King George Island where they were subsequently airlifted by C-130 Hercules transport aircraft of the Chilean Air Force to Punta Arenas , Chile in two separate flights , one on Saturday , November 24 , and the other on Sunday , November 25
24) In addition to his successful , Grammy Award-winning career as a solo artist , Preston collaborated with some of the greatest names in the music industry , including The Beatles , The Rolling Stones , The Band , Nat King Cole , Little Richard , Eric Burdon , Ray Charles , George Harrison , Elton John , Eric Clapton , Bob Dylan , Sam Cooke , King Curtis , Sammy Davis Jr. , Aretha Franklin , the Jackson 5 , Quincy Jones , Mick Jagger , Richie Sambora , Sly Stone , Johnny Cash , Neil Diamond , the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Ringo Starr
25) Unlike George Eliot, his moral imagination is sharply dualistic, impatient with subtle gradations.
26) Dying of the Light is a 1977 science fiction book that was written by George R. R. Martin
27) Their first 4 albums were produced by Harry Vanda and George Young who also worked with AC/DC
28) Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland -LRB- born December 21 , 1966 -RRB- is a well-known Canadian actor and director
29) In this, he resembles the early George Eliot.
30) The novel was first published anonymously , but its authorship was revealed by the poet George Huddesford in what Fanny Burney called a `` vile poem