1) A figure of St. George (the patron saint of England) on horseback, appended to the collar of the Order of the Garter. See Garter.
2) A kind of brown loaf.
Examples Sentences for
1) The board of directors for Life Without Limbs (Hong Kong chapter): Ignatius Ho and George Miksa, and their families.
2) After pursuing Confederate General Robert E. Lee into Maryland , Union Army Maj. Gen. George B. McClellan launched attacks against Lees army , in defensive positions behind Antietam Creek
3) Mathers book says that Professor George was giving news of COBE to the press before NASA did
4) `` I Me Mine ' is a song by The Beatles , written and sung by George Harrison
5) On November 2 , 1921 , Dandurand and his partners , Joseph Cattarinich and Louis Letourneau , purchased the Montreal Canadiens hockey club from the widow of George Kennedy for $ 11,000
6) 1724 - George Stubbs , British painter -LRB- d. 1806 -RRB-
7) The Bush Doctrine is a phrase used to describe various related foreign policy principles of former United States president George W. Bush
8) Fielding's comment in The Champion that whatever is wick ed, hateful, absurd, or ridiculous, must be exposed and punished before this Nation is brought to that Height of Purity and good Manners to which I wish to see it exalted,2 suggests that he takes upon himself the tasks of setting standards and exposing faults; as George Sherburn and others have pointed out, Fielding's writing is consciously moral.3 For the most part, Fielding's morality is very practical.
9) 1782 - George Washington orders the creation of the Badge of Military Merit to honor soldiers wounded in battle
10) Cook named it Harbour after Sir George Jackson
11) Their first four albums were produced by Harry Vanda and George Young who also worked with AC/DC
12) Henry George Liddell , Robert Scott , A Greek-English Lexicon , on Perseus Digital Library + ' ' -LRB- mimos -RRB- , `` imitator , actor '
13) The novel first came out secretly , but the poet George Huddesford revealed that Burney was the writer of Evelina in what Burney called a `` vile poem '
14) For popular usage on the sitcom Seinfeld George says to Jerry he does not know why postum is not a more popular beverage
15) The Fly -LRB- George Langelaan -RRB- , a 1957 short story by George Langelaan , the basis of The Fly films
16) Princess Augusta -LRB- Augusta Frederica ; 31 August 1737 -- 23 March 1813 -RRB- was a member of the British Royal Family , a granddaughter of George II and sister of George III
17) February 21 - - The premiere in London of George Frideric Handels oratorio , Samson
18) In common with Hardy and Conrad, James is a tragic novelist, unlike the Brontes, Dickens and George Eliot.
19) 1880 - George C. Marshall , US Secretary of State -LRB- d. 1959 -RRB-
20) And this is one important reason why the novel has flourished so abundantly in England, since the novel (as we shall see when we come to look at George Eliot, Henry James and D H Lawrence) can be seen as a supremely moral form.
21) Messiah is an oratorio by George Frideric Handel
22) The Gawar-Bati Language has not been given study by serious linguists , except that it is mentioned by George Morgenstierne (1926) and Kendall Decker (1992)
23) Morality rather than sociology is the English forte, from Samuel Johnson to George Orwell.
24) What you say when you come face to face with horror – when (as in George Orwell’s 1984) a cage of ravenous rats is strapped to your face – is bound to be the truth.
25) He is still pretty much the same Tom at the end as he was at the beginning, which cannot be claimed quite so confidently of Dickens’s Pip or David Copperfield, or George Eliot’s Dorothea Brooke.
26) He was the 65th United States Secretary of State -LRB- 2001-2005 -RRB- , serving under President George W. Bush
27) The United States Cabinet -LRB- usually simplified as `` the Cabinet ' -RRB- is composed of the most senior appointed officers of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States , and its existence dates back to the first American President -LRB- George Washington -RRB- , who appointed a Cabinet of four people -LRB- Secretary of State , Thomas Jefferson ; Secretary of the Treasury , Alexander Hamilton ; Secretary of War , Henry Knox ; and Attorney General , Edmund Randolph -RRB- to advise and assist him in his duties
28) Or, to put it another way, how the earlier phase of George Eliot’s life is to be reconciled with her later career.
29) The spirit of George Eliot could still be detected.
30) It is not surprising in this light that Jane Austen should have remarked that she could imagine marrying the poet George Crabbe even though she had never met him.