1) Act; working; operation.
2) A circumstance or occurrence; an incident.
3) The fashion or mode; as, quite the go.
4) Noisy merriment; as, a high go.
5) A glass of spirits.
6) Power of going or doing; energy; vitality; perseverance; push; as, there is no go in him.
7) That condition in the course of the game when a player can not lay down a card which will not carry the aggregate count above thirty-one.
1) To pass from one place to another; to be in motion; to be in a state not motionless or at rest; to proceed; to advance; to make progress; -- used, in various applications, of the movement of both animate and inanimate beings, by whatever means, and also of the movements of the mind; also figuratively applied.
2) To move upon the feet, or step by step; to walk; also, to walk step by step, or leisurely.
3) To be passed on fron one to another; to pass; to circulate; hence, with for, to have currency; to be taken, accepted, or regarded.
4) To proceed or happen in a given manner; to fare; to move on or be carried on; to have course; to come to an issue or result; to succeed; to turn out.
5) To proceed or tend toward a result, consequence, or product; to tend; to conduce; to be an ingredient; to avail; to apply; to contribute; -- often with the infinitive; as, this goes to show.
6) To apply one's self; to set one's self; to undertake.
7) To proceed by a mental operation; to pass in mind or by an act of the memory or imagination; -- generally with over or through.
8) To be with young; to be pregnant; to gestate.
9) To move from the person speaking, or from the point whence the action is contemplated; to pass away; to leave; to depart; -- in opposition to stay and come.
10) To pass away; to depart forever; to be lost or ruined; to perish; to decline; to decease; to die.
11) To reach; to extend; to lead; as, a line goes across the street; his land goes to the river; this road goes to New York.
12) To have recourse; to resort; as, to go to law.
1) To take, as a share in an enterprise; to undertake or become responsible for; to bear a part in.
2) To bet or wager; as, I'll go you a shilling.
Example Sentences for
1) Give me my key 188 and Go hitch-hike your ass back where you came from because this here is DONE!”
2) “I wasn’t suggesting you Go out with her.”
3) Through Rio, she had glimpsed what it could be like to have a real partner to Go through life with
4) I said lightly that I had heard nothing at all, and a few minutes later I Got up to Go home.
5) Successful men don’t Go out with serious, successful women.
6) It was an enormous wrought-iron affair, adorned with scenes from the lives of the saints, and totally different from the one she had seen on her journey through the tarot cards. 50 Paulo Coelho “Open the door and Go in.”
7) But I never would have landed him if I hadn't hung in there and refused to let Go with my toe.
8) Friday came around, and her boyfriend met her outside the university to Go to the cinema.
9) What I can tell you though is that ever since I saw the things about you that I love, it’s been real hard for me to Go a single day without you.
10) Aaron then felt it was his duty to Go and help me make the trip.
11) They simply saturated it with laser fire and waited for us to Go stircrazy and turn off the generator.
12) Locust plague in North America, rice blight from Burma to the South China Sea, red tides all along the west coast of South America: suddenly there just wasn't enough food to Go around.
13) They feel themselves already fully occupied, these Good people, be it by their business or by their pleasures, not to mention the Fatherland,sand the newspapers, and their family dutiesî; it seems that they have no time whatever left for religion; and above all, it is not obvious to them whether it is a question of a new business or a new pleasureófor it is impossible, they say to themselves, that people should Go to church merely to spoil their tempers.
14) Now I m Going to Go to the sleazy bar across the street from my o ce and cry in my beer, because you told me absolutely nothing I can use about Marshall Weston for the article I m working on, with a deadline, I might add.
15) Now I m Gonna close you up and Go get into my suit.
16) When we arrived at the airport, I grew bored waiting for our luggage, so I told my caregiver Kyle that I wanted to Go on a carousel ride.
17) I m Going to Go outside and get on top of the house.
18) We'll Go to McDonald's
19) But I can Go and earn some more, when I like; can’t I Fagin?’ ‘To be sure you can, and the sooner you Go the better, Tom; so make up your loss at once, and don’t lose any more time.
20) I will not detain you…my thoughts Go with you… Farewell!…’ How lovely she looked in this morning sunlight, with her ardent hair streaming around her shoulders.
21) One thing, especially, I remember, because it served to identify the man still more:—as soon as the ceremony was over, they were to Go to Combe Magna, his seat in Somersetshire.
22) I was just thinking how I’d feel if I thought you were sneaking out of our bed to Go meet with another man
23) Take this light; Go softly up the steps straight afore you, and along the little hall, to the street door; unfasten it, and let us in.’ ‘There’s a bolt at the top, you won’t be able to reach,sinterposed Toby.
24) He probably couldn’t get anyone else to Go with him.”
25) She felt a ripple Go down her spine as the head of the investigation looked at her.
26) Evidently he lived in this vicinity for he told me that he had just bought a hydroplane and was Going to try it out in the morning. ‘Want to Go with me, old sport?
27) 'All he kept saying on the phone was 'The Russian plan must Go on
28) It was perfectly orchestrated and well organized, but it tore his heart out every time, as the plane took o in L A and he knew he wouldn’t see her again for ve days, four if he could nd an excuse to Go back to L A early, and he felt numb afterward all weekend, which was why he disappeared to the Golf course for two days.
29) I would Go on national television and tell everyone what had happened, and the world would see the power of God.
30) I jerked around and forced the needle to Go in and pop out again.