1) Performing, or appropriate to, the office of a protector; as, a guardian care.
1) One who guards, preserves, or secures; one to whom any person or thing is committed for protection, security, or preservation from injury; a warden.
2) One who has, or is entitled to, the custody of the person or property of an infant, a minor without living parents, or a person incapable of managing his own affairs.
Examples Sentences for
1) She was their Guardian angel.
2) The popular eighteenth-century values of truth, benev olence, and reason have been instilled by her Guardian Mr Villars; we are to see how these values help her to meet new and perhaps difficult situations.
3) I must have been ten years old when I started seeing my Guardian angel on a daily basis and was naïve enough to think that everyone else did as well.
4) Their conclusion, whether we think of Godwin, Holcroft, or Bage, is that the Guardian role does not bring with it the right to limit another's freedom.
5) Dawn discovered them still recounting their various adventures and speculating upon the identity of the strange Guardian and protector they had found on this savage shore.
6) This, to my mother, was more than a duty; it was a necessity, a passion—remembering what she had suffered, and how she had been relieved—for her to act in her turn the Guardian angel to the afflicted.
7) John Plunkett `` BBC The Guardian , 2 March 2010
8) Acid , The Guardian , July 29th 2008 Unlike India , Bangladesh has introduced the death penalty for throwing acid and laws strictly controlling the sales of acids since 2002
9) Blue Carpet , Newcastle-Upon-Tyne `` Carpet ' provokes different shades of opinion , Maev Kennedy article on the opening of the Blue Carpet , the Guardian , 26 January , 2002
10) I can not go on , The Guardian , November 7 , 2009
11) Ebisu -LRB- , , , -RRB- , also known as Yebisu or Hiruko -LRB- -RRB- or Kotoshiro-nushi-no-kami -LRB- -RRB- , is the Japanese god of fishermen , good luck and working men , and also the Guardian of the health of children
12) Godwin, in Caleb Williams, postulates the case of the person who is tyrannized by a Guardian and who has no friends to help in the escape from tyranny.
13) Ebisu -LRB- , , , -RRB- , also transliterated Yebisu or called Hiruko -LRB- -RRB- or Kotoshiro-nushi-no-kami -LRB- -RRB- , is the Japanese god of fishermen , good luck , and workingmen , as well as the Guardian of the health of small children
14) When I look back, it seems to me as if this almost miraculous change of inclination and will was the immediate suggestion of the Guardian angel of my life—the last effort made by the spirit of preservation to avert the storm that was even then hanging in the stars and ready to envelop me.
15) The Guardian -- How smouldering tension erupted to set Brixton aflame , 13 April 1981 It was called `` Bloody Saturday ' by TIME magazine
16) She is if her legal Guardian agrees
17) Faith would keep her Guardian Angel awake and watching.
18) She had no choice: either she believed in God, in her Guardian Angel, or she despaired.
19) “I have faith in God, faith in my Guardian Angel, who brought me here, and who remains here with me.
20) “Go to Baghdad,” fluted my Guardian angel in a singsong voice.
21) John Plunkett `` BBC confirms plans to axe 6 Music and Asian Network ' , The Guardian , 2 March 2010 On 3 June 2010 the BBC Trust opened a public consultation on the proposal to change the station
22) “I have faith in God, faith in my Guardian Angel, who brought me here, and who remains here with me.
23) `` Archaeologists dig into Greenham peace camp ' in The Guardian It is of most importance for learning about prehistoric societies , when there are no written records for historians to study , and which makes up over 99 % of total human history , from the Palaeolithic until the advent of literacy
24) Richard David James -LRB- born 18 August 1971 -RRB- , best known under the pseudonym Aphex Twin , is an electronic musician described by The Guardian newspaper as `` the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music . '
25) The popular eighteenth-century values of truth, benev olence, and reason have been instilled by her Guardian Mr Villars; we are to see how these values help her to meet new and perhaps difficult situations.
26) Ernest Augustus II , who succeeded in 1748 , died in 1758 , and his young widow , Anna Amalia , was appointed regent of the country and Guardian of her infant son , Charles Augustus
27) Big Bubba RogersWar MachineThe Boss -LRB- The -RRB- Guardian AngelRay Traylor -LRB- The -RRB- Boss Man
28) I must have been ten years old when I started seeing my Guardian angel on a daily basis and was naïve enough to think that everyone else did as well.
29) They were like two angels who had fallen into his life, and Ashley was the Guardian angel who had brought them to him.
30) Upon my brother’s early death, I became the primary Guardian for Baybars.