1) Performing, or appropriate to, the office of a protector; as, a guardian care.
1) One who guards, preserves, or secures; one to whom any person or thing is committed for protection, security, or preservation from injury; a warden.
2) One who has, or is entitled to, the custody of the person or property of an infant, a minor without living parents, or a person incapable of managing his own affairs.
Example Sentences for
1) It would not be until 1878 that his work gained any recognition with Guardian Spirit of the Waters , and he published his first album of lithographs , called Dans le Rêve , in 1879
2) One day, while my father was teaching me how to build a cedar chest so that I could become a carpenter like him, I told him about my Guardian angel.
3) Acid , The Guardian , July 29th 2008 Unlike India , Bangladesh has introduced the death penalty for throwing acid and laws strictly controlling the sales of acids since 2002
4) Dawn discovered them still recounting their various adventures and speculating upon the identity of the strange Guardian and protector they had found on this savage shore.
5) Godwin, in Caleb Williams, postulates the case of the person who is tyrannized by a Guardian and who has no friends to help in the escape from tyranny.
6) The Guardian -- How smouldering tension erupted to set Brixton aflame , 13 April 1981 It was called `` Bloody Saturday ' by TIME magazine
7) Their conclusion, whether we think of Godwin, Holcroft, or Bage, is that the Guardian role does not bring with it the right to limit another's freedom.
8) This compared with a circulation of 617,483 for The Times , 358,844 for The Guardian , and 215,504 for The Independent
9) “I have faith in God, faith in my Guardian Angel, who brought me here, and who remains here with me.
10) The terms of the request are significant: the Guardian was not asked to take care of her, or to look after her, but to take charge of her education.
11) Upon my brother’s early death, I became the primary Guardian for Baybars.
12) Big Bubba RogersWar MachineThe Boss -LRB- The -RRB- Guardian AngelRay Traylor -LRB- The -RRB- Boss Man
13) Released on 3 September 2007 , Beyond the Neighbourhood was a self-produced collection of low-key songs , viewed as a disappointment by some , Beyond The Neighbourhood album review from Guardian Unlimited and an interesting sidestep by others
14) Richard David James -LRB- born 18 August 1971 -RRB- , best known under the pseudonym Aphex Twin , is an electronic musician described by The Guardian newspaper as `` the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music . '
15) After that , Costner starred in The Guardian and in Mr. Brooks , in which he portrayed a serial killer
16) This, to my mother, was more than a duty; it was a necessity, a passion—remembering what she had suffered, and how she had been relieved—for her to act in her turn the Guardian angel to the afflicted.
17) Ebisu -LRB- , , , -RRB- , also known as Yebisu or Hiruko -LRB- -RRB- or Kotoshiro-nushi-no-kami -LRB- -RRB- , is the Japanese god of fishermen , good luck and working men , and also the Guardian of the health of children
18) She was their Guardian angel.
19) Blue Carpet , Newcastle-Upon-Tyne `` Carpet ' provokes different shades of opinion , Maev Kennedy article on the opening of the Blue Carpet , the Guardian , 26 January , 2002
20) The popular eighteenth-century values of truth, benev olence, and reason have been instilled by her Guardian Mr Villars; we are to see how these values help her to meet new and perhaps difficult situations.
21) `` Archaeologists dig into Greenham peace camp ' in The Guardian It is of most importance for learning about prehistoric societies , when there are no written records for historians to study , and which makes up over 99 % of total human history , from the Palaeolithic until the advent of literacy
22) This, to my mother, was more than a duty; it was a necessity, a passion—remembering what she had suffered, and how she had been relieved—for her to act in her turn the Guardian angel to the afflicted.
23) Ernest Augustus II , who succeeded in 1748 , died in 1758 , and his young widow , Anna Amalia , was appointed regent of the country and Guardian of her infant son , Charles Augustus
24) She had no choice: either she believed in God, in her Guardian Angel, or she despaired.
25) They were like two angels who had fallen into his life, and Ashley was the Guardian angel who had brought them to him.
26) I must have been ten years old when I started seeing my Guardian angel on a daily basis and was naïve enough to think that everyone else did as well.
27) “Go to Baghdad,” fluted my Guardian angel in a singsong voice.
28) Their first two albums were not very successful , but with Vain Glory Opera in 1998 they achieved a breakthrough , thanks in part to production -LRB- and additional lead guitar work -RRB- by Timo Tolkki of Stratovarius , as well as guest vocals by Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian
29) I can not go on , The Guardian , November 7 , 2009
30) They were like two angels who had fallen into his life, and Ashley was the Guardian angel who had brought them to him.