1) Performing, or appropriate to, the office of a protector; as, a guardian care.
1) One who guards, preserves, or secures; one to whom any person or thing is committed for protection, security, or preservation from injury; a warden.
2) One who has, or is entitled to, the custody of the person or property of an infant, a minor without living parents, or a person incapable of managing his own affairs.
Example Sentences for
1) Big Bubba RogersWar MachineThe Boss -LRB- The -RRB- Guardian AngelRay Traylor -LRB- The -RRB- Boss Man
2) One day, while my father was teaching me how to build a cedar chest so that I could become a carpenter like him, I told him about my Guardian angel.
3) Dawn discovered them still recounting their various adventures and speculating upon the identity of the strange Guardian and protector they had found on this savage shore.
4) It would not be until 1878 that his work gained any recognition with Guardian Spirit of the Waters , and he published his first album of lithographs , titled Dans le Rêve , in 1879
5) The Falkland-Caleb relationship is paralleled and preceded in Caleb Williams by the story of another Guardian and his dependent, Tyrrel and Emily.
6) Acid , The Guardian , July 29th 2008 Unlike India , Bangladesh has introduced the death penalty for throwing acid and laws strictly controlling the sales of acids since 2002
7) Faith would keep her Guardian Angel awake and watching.
8) Their first two albums were not very successful , but with Vain Glory Opera in 1998 they achieved a breakthrough , thanks in part to production -LRB- and additional lead guitar work -RRB- by Timo Tolkki of Stratovarius , as well as guest vocals by Hansi Kürsch of Blind Guardian
9) Upon my brother’s early death, I became the primary Guardian for Baybars.
10) `` Archaeologists dig into Greenham peace camp ' in The Guardian It is of most importance for learning about prehistoric societies , when there are no written records for historians to study , and which makes up over 99 % of total human history , from the Palaeolithic until the advent of literacy
11) Ebisu -LRB- , , , -RRB- , also transliterated Yebisu or called Hiruko -LRB- -RRB- or Kotoshiro-nushi-no-kami -LRB- -RRB- , is the Japanese god of fishermen , good luck , and workingmen , as well as the Guardian of the health of small children
12) Godwin, in Caleb Williams, postulates the case of the person who is tyrannized by a Guardian and who has no friends to help in the escape from tyranny.
13) John Plunkett `` BBC confirms plans to axe 6 Music and Asian Network ' , The Guardian , 2 March 2010 On 3 June 2010 the BBC Trust opened a public consultation on the proposal to change the station
14) I must have been ten years old when I started seeing my Guardian angel on a daily basis and was naïve enough to think that everyone else did as well.
15) They were like two angels who had fallen into his life, and Ashley was the Guardian angel who had brought them to him.
16) Blue Carpet , Newcastle-Upon-Tyne `` Carpet ' provokes different shades of opinion , Maev Kennedy article on the opening of the Blue Carpet , the Guardian , 26 January , 2002
17) William de Braose , Fourth Lord of Bramber becomes the Guardian of Arthur I , Duke of Brittany , and is possibly responsible for his death
18) This, to my mother, was more than a duty; it was a necessity, a passion—remembering what she had suffered, and how she had been relieved—for her to act in her turn the Guardian angel to the afflicted.
19) Godwin, in Caleb Williams, postulates the case of the person who is tyrannized by a Guardian and who has no friends to help in the escape from tyranny.
20) Faith would keep her Guardian Angel awake and watching.
21) She had no choice: either she believed in God, in her Guardian Angel, or she despaired.
22) “I have faith in God, faith in my Guardian Angel, who brought me here, and who remains here with me.
23) She was their Guardian angel.
24) One day, while my father was teaching me how to build a cedar chest so that I could become a carpenter like him, I told him about my Guardian angel.
25) “Go to Baghdad,” fluted my Guardian angel in a singsong voice.
26) “Go to Baghdad,” fluted my Guardian angel in a singsong voice.
27) It would not be until 1878 that his work gained any recognition with Guardian Spirit of the Waters , and he published his first album of lithographs , called Dans le Rêve , in 1879
28) The popular eighteenth-century values of truth, benev olence, and reason have been instilled by her Guardian Mr Villars; we are to see how these values help her to meet new and perhaps difficult situations.
29) Richard David James -LRB- born 18 August 1971 -RRB- , best known under the pseudonym Aphex Twin , is an electronic musician described by The Guardian newspaper as `` the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music . '
30) I can not go on , The Guardian , November 7 , 2009