1) of Gin
1) A weapon which throws or propels a missile to a distance; any firearm or instrument for throwing projectiles by the explosion of gunpowder, consisting of a tube or barrel closed at one end, in which the projectile is placed, with an explosive charge behind, which is ignited by various means. Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms. Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc. See these terms in the Vocabulary.
2) A piece of heavy ordnance; in a restricted sense, a cannon.
3) Violent blasts of wind.
1) To practice fowling or hunting small game; -- chiefly in participial form; as, to go gunning.
Examples Sentences for
1) He clutched his Gun to him as if that single item could save him from the terrors of the darkened forest
2) As if to confirm this last supposition, the dull boom of a Gun was heard from out at sea. ‘The schooner, citoyen,ssaid Desgas, quietly; she’s off.’
3) And the Gun was never more than an inch from his fingertips
4) Rachael placed the Gun on the sink and pressed her back into the wall beside it
5) A drive-by shooting is when a Gun is fired from a moving vehicle , at a target outside the vehicle
6) The story was that her brother had gotten into an argument with somebody on Bourbon Street and the dude pulled out a Gun and shot him three times in the chest.
7) `` Lazy Gun ' -- 4:42
8) He glanced at Rachael and then at Rio, then looked down at the Gun in Rio’s hand
9) He shook me over and over and said he should have put the Gun to my head
10) The Gun bucked up and almost hit me on the forehead.
11) `` Machine Gun ' Jack McGurn
12) If I went out with a couple of rifles and a Gun bearer, and twenty or thirty beaters, to hunt a lion, I should not feel that the lion had much chance, and so the pleasure of the hunt would be lessened in proportion to the increased safety which I felt.’ ‘Then I am to take it that Monsieur Tarzan would prefer to go naked into the jungle, armed only with a jackknife, to kill the king of beasts,slaughed the other, good naturedly, but with the merest touch of sarcasm in his tone. ‘And a piece of rope,sadded Tarzan.
13) Also made available for specific games were the arcade stick and light Gun controllers
14) Then have your Gun ready, in case you want it.
15) You fought that leopard, didn’t you? You didn’t have a Gun with you
16) Arrows and bullets flew thick and fast. 242 Tarzan of the Apes Queer African knives and French Gun butts mingled for a moment in savage and bloody duels, but soon the natives fled into the jungle, leaving the Frenchmen to count their losses.
17) He put down his Gun and ran to her assistance.
18) The Frenchman in his panic raised his Gun to fire again into the prostrate form, but suddenly in the half dusk of the open door he saw that the man was white and in another instant realized that he had shot his friend and protector, Tarzan of the Apes.
19) The moment he saw the man raise the Gun to his shoulder, he fired
20) She was holding my shotGunpistol and had another Gun on the floor beside her.
21) They’d drag me into Elijah’s room and put a knife to my throat or a Gun to my head
22) 1834 - In Philadelphia , Whigs and Democrats stage a Gun , stone and brick battle for control of a Moyamensing Township election , resulting in one death , several injuries , and the burning down of a block of buildings
23) The Gun shop was all bright white plastic and gleamy black metal.
24) The Gun shop was all bright white plastic and gleamy black metal.
25) It tells the story of the president of a post-American Civil War Gun club in Baltimore , his rival , a Philadelphia maker of armor , and a Frenchman , who build an enormous sky-facing Columbiad space Gun and launch themselves in a projectile/spaceship from it to a Moon landing
26) He called his government a bakufu -LRB- , tent government -RRB- , but because he was given the ancient high military title Seii Tai-sh Gun by the Emperor , the government is often referred to in Western literature as the shoGunate
27) The `` feudal ' period of Japanese history , dominated by the powerful regional families -LRB- daimy -RRB- and the military rule of warlords -LRB- sh Gun -RRB- , stretched from 1185 to 1868
28) A Gun that used flint was called a `` flint-lock ' Gun
29) A musket is a muzzle-loaded , smoothbore long Gun , which is meant to be fired from the shoulder
30) In the 21st century , the Republican Party has been defined by social conservatism , a preemptive war foreign policy intended to defeat terrorism and promote global democracy , a more powerful executive branch , supply-side economics , support for Gun ownership , and deregulation