1) of Gin
1) A weapon which throws or propels a missile to a distance; any firearm or instrument for throwing projectiles by the explosion of gunpowder, consisting of a tube or barrel closed at one end, in which the projectile is placed, with an explosive charge behind, which is ignited by various means. Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms. Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc. See these terms in the Vocabulary.
2) A piece of heavy ordnance; in a restricted sense, a cannon.
3) Violent blasts of wind.
1) To practice fowling or hunting small game; -- chiefly in participial form; as, to go gunning.
Example Sentences for
1) A Gun that used flint was called a `` flint-lock ' Gun
2) What the hell were you thinking, taking off like that? Why are you here? She didn’t lower the Gun an inch
3) The Frenchman in his panic raised his Gun to fire again into the prostrate form, but suddenly in the half dusk of the open door he saw that the man was white and in another instant realized that he had shot his friend and protector, Tarzan of the Apes.
4) Put the Gun down, Rachael
5) The Gun bucked up and almost hit me on the forehead.
6) Sure, there's a Gun store down in the Mall.
7) He clutched his Gun to him as if that single item could save him from the terrors of the darkened forest
8) The Gun shop was all bright white plastic and gleamy black metal.
9) Then have your Gun ready, in case you want it.
10) His focused gaze never left Armando moving around in his tent, Gun inches from his fingers
11) The story was that her brother had gotten into an argument with somebody on Bourbon Street and the dude pulled out a Gun and shot him three times in the chest.
12) Rio watched her through narrowed eyes, silently cursed as the Gun swept close to her face
13) As if to confirm this last supposition, the dull boom of a Gun was heard from out at sea. ‘The schooner, citoyen,ssaid Desgas, quietly; she’s off.’
14) Then have your Gun ready, in case you want it.
15) Rachael placed the Gun on the sink and pressed her back into the wall beside it
16) It tells the story of the president of a post-American Civil War Gun club in Baltimore , his rival , a Philadelphia maker of armor , and a Frenchman , who build an enormous sky-facing Columbiad space Gun and launch themselves in a projectile/spaceship from it to a Moon landing
17) In high school , Clarkson performed in musicals such as Annie Get Your Gun , Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Brigadoon
18) What the hell are you talking about? Armando snapped, fingering his Gun continually as a threat
19) Some had been killed with a Gun
20) He put down his Gun and ran to her assistance.
21) Light Gun shooters use a pointing device for computers and a control device for arcade and video games
22) An air Gun is a Gun which uses gas to fire a projectile instead of burning Gunpowder that an ordinary Gun uses
23) In the 18th century , improvements in ammunition and firing methods allowed rifling to be practical for military use , and the term `` rifled Gun ' gave way to `` rifle '
24) Dave Sardy - Tambourine , Slide guitar on `` Lazy Gun ' , Additional guitar on `` Are You Gonna Be My Girl ? '
25) In the 21st century , the Republican Party has been defined by social conservatism , a preemptive war foreign policy intended to defeat terrorism and promote global democracy , a more powerful executive branch , supply-side economics , support for Gun ownership , and deregulation
26) He had a riot Gun slung under his arn.
27) The Gun bucked up and almost hit me on the forehead.
28) When the system was later released in North America it was sold in two incarnations : a bare-bones console with one controller bundle called the Sega Base System and a bundle with two controllers and a light Gun entitled the Sega Master System
29) He put his left hand on a chubby hip in a gesture that incidentally made his Gun easier to get.
30) He moved with unexpected speed, slapping the Gun away when it swung in his direction, his body slamming into hers, shielding her protectively as a deafening explosion reverberated in the small cabin