1) of Gin
1) A weapon which throws or propels a missile to a distance; any firearm or instrument for throwing projectiles by the explosion of gunpowder, consisting of a tube or barrel closed at one end, in which the projectile is placed, with an explosive charge behind, which is ignited by various means. Muskets, rifles, carbines, and fowling pieces are smaller guns, for hand use, and are called small arms. Larger guns are called cannon, ordnance, fieldpieces, carronades, howitzers, etc. See these terms in the Vocabulary.
2) A piece of heavy ordnance; in a restricted sense, a cannon.
3) Violent blasts of wind.
1) To practice fowling or hunting small game; -- chiefly in participial form; as, to go gunning.
Example Sentences for
1) Robert Loggia as Sykes : The main villain ; an evil loan shark and shipyard agent who carries a Gun
2) Don’t put a Gun in her hand
3) He put down his Gun and ran to her assistance.
4) Fritz lay curled up at her side and the Gun and knife were on the floor beside her hand
5) The light went on, I let go, the Gun aimed, and when the drone peeped over the horizonzzt!
6) Her arms felt leaden and it was nearly impossible to aim the Gun at the leopard, she could barely see it
7) A gigantic monster, they said, had arrived the night before, armed with a Gun and many pistols, putting to flight the inhabitants of a solitary cottage through fear of his terrific appearance.
8) Arrows and bullets flew thick and fast. 242 Tarzan of the Apes Queer African knives and French Gun butts mingled for a moment in savage and bloody duels, but soon the natives fled into the jungle, leaving the Frenchmen to count their losses.
9) A Gun that used flint was called a `` flint-lock ' Gun
10) He shook me over and over and said he should have put the Gun to my head
11) And the Gun was never more than an inch from his fingertips
12) Where no one carried a Gun and plotted to kill each other
13) Then have your Gun ready, in case you want it.
14) The Gun bucked up and almost hit me on the forehead.
15) How many times he would shove a Gun in my mouth and scream at Elijah, how often I wanted him to pull the trigger just to take the pain and rage off Elijah’s face
16) The Gun bucked up and almost hit me on the forehead.
17) He saw this man standing beside you with a Gun in his hand
18) He had a riot Gun slung under his arn.
19) The Gun fell to the floor with a clatter, the noise loud in the stillness of the night
20) The Gun shop was all bright white plastic and gleamy black metal.
21) The story was that her brother had gotten into an argument with somebody on Bourbon Street and the dude pulled out a Gun and shot him three times in the chest.
22) In high school , Clarkson performed in musicals such as Annie Get Your Gun , Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Brigadoon
23) He had a riot Gun slung under his arn.
24) When the Gun was fired the air was released
25) Arrows and bullets flew thick and fast. 242 Tarzan of the Apes Queer African knives and French Gun butts mingled for a moment in savage and bloody duels, but soon the natives fled into the jungle, leaving the Frenchmen to count their losses.
26) He has played `` bad guys ' in films like The Naked Gun and Raising Arizona
27) He signaled the cat to silence, drew his Gun and simply waited
28) For other uses , see Air Gun -LRB- disambiguation -RRB-
29) Rachael signaled to the elder to take a Gun and move into the shadow of the bedroom out of sight
30) There was shouting back and forth and then suddenly Elijah emptied a Gun into Tony