1) A musical instrument consisting of a triangular frame furnished with strings and sometimes with pedals, held upright, and played with the fingers.
2) A constellation; Lyra, or the Lyre.
3) A grain sieve.
4) To play on the harp.
5) To dwell on or recur to a subject tediously or monotonously in speaking or in writing; to refer to something repeatedly or continually; -- usually with on or upon.
1) To play on, as a harp; to play (a tune) on the harp; to develop or give expression to by skill and art; to sound forth as from a harp; to hit upon.
Example Sentences for
1) Les Clark -LRB- Singing Harp , lulu belle -RRB-
2) The Harp is a musical instrument
3) The harmonica , also called Harp , French Harp , blues Harp , and mouth organ , is a free reed wind instrument used primarily in blues and American folk music , jazz , country music , and rock and roll
4) The aeolian Harp -LRB- wind Harp -RRB- , the autoHarp , and all forms of the lyre and Kithara are not Harps because their strings are not perpendicular to the soundboard ; they are part of the zither family of instruments along with the piano and Harpsichord
5) But my body was like a Harp and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the wires.
6) There are many different kinds of Harp in Africa
7) The lyre is similar in appearance to a small Harp , but with certain distinct differences
8) The Grass Harp (1995)
9) Depending on its size -LRB- which varies considerably -RRB- , a Harp may be played while held in the lap or while it stands on the floor
10) A string is a string made of steel , nylon , or gut which vibrates on string instruments , such as the guitar , Harp , piano , or violin
11) He also wrote concertos for more than one soloist e.g. a flute and Harp concerto and a violin and viola concerto which he called Sinfonia Concertante
12) He wrote one concerto each for flute , oboe -LRB- later rearranged for flute and known as Flute Concerto No. 2 -RRB- , clarinet , and bassoon , four for horn , a Concerto for Flute , Harp , and Orchestra , and a Sinfonia Concertante for Violin , Viola and Orchestra
13) But my body was like a Harp and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the wires.
14) The lyre of Classical Antiquity was ordinarily played by being strummed with a plectrum , like a guitar or a zither , rather than being plucked , like a Harp
15) A lyre -LRB- pronounce to rhyme with `` fire ' -RRB- is an instrument which is like a mixture between a Harp and a guitar
16) A string is the vibrating element that produces sound in string instruments , such as the guitar , Harp , piano , and members of the violin family