1) A musical instrument consisting of a triangular frame furnished with strings and sometimes with pedals, held upright, and played with the fingers.
2) A constellation; Lyra, or the Lyre.
3) A grain sieve.
4) To play on the harp.
5) To dwell on or recur to a subject tediously or monotonously in speaking or in writing; to refer to something repeatedly or continually; -- usually with on or upon.
1) To play on, as a harp; to play (a tune) on the harp; to develop or give expression to by skill and art; to sound forth as from a harp; to hit upon.
Example Sentences for
1) A string is the vibrating element that produces sound in string instruments , such as the guitar , Harp , piano , and members of the violin family
2) The harmonica , also called Harp , French Harp , blues Harp , and mouth organ , is a free reed wind instrument used primarily in blues and American folk music , jazz , country music , and rock and roll
3) The aeolian Harp -LRB- wind Harp -RRB- , the autoHarp , and all forms of the lyre and Kithara are not Harps because their strings are not perpendicular to the soundboard ; they are part of the zither family of instruments along with the piano and Harpsichord
4) Depending on its size -LRB- which varies considerably -RRB- , a Harp may be played while held in the lap or while it stands on the floor
5) He also wrote concertos for more than one soloist e.g. a flute and Harp concerto and a violin and viola concerto which he called Sinfonia Concertante
6) The lyre is similar in appearance to a small Harp , but with certain distinct differences
7) There are many different kinds of Harp in Africa
8) A string is a string made of steel , nylon , or gut which vibrates on string instruments , such as the guitar , Harp , piano , or violin
9) The lyre of Classical Antiquity was ordinarily played by being strummed with a plectrum , like a guitar or a zither , rather than being plucked , like a Harp
10) The Grass Harp (1995)
11) But my body was like a Harp and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the wires.
12) But my body was like a Harp and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the wires.
13) Les Clark -LRB- Singing Harp , lulu belle -RRB-
14) He wrote one concerto each for flute , oboe -LRB- later rearranged for flute and known as Flute Concerto No. 2 -RRB- , clarinet , and bassoon , four for horn , a Concerto for Flute , Harp , and Orchestra , and a Sinfonia Concertante for Violin , Viola and Orchestra
15) The Harp is a musical instrument
16) A lyre -LRB- pronounce to rhyme with `` fire ' -RRB- is an instrument which is like a mixture between a Harp and a guitar