1) A natural elevation of land, or a mass of earth rising above the common level of the surrounding land; an eminence less than a mountain.
2) The earth raised about the roots of a plant or cluster of plants. [U. S.] See Hill, v. t.
1) A single cluster or group of plants growing close together, and having the earth heaped up about them; as, a hill of corn or potatoes.
2) To surround with earth; to heap or draw earth around or upon; as, to hill corn.
Example Sentences for
1) In 2001 , Russ Rowlett , Director of the Center for Mathematics and Science Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill proposed that , to avoid confusion , the Latin-based short scale and long scale systems should be replaced by an unambiguous Greek-based system for naming large numbers that would be based on powers of one thousand
2) Rudyard Kipling , `` Puck of Pooks Hill '
3) Initially his family was taken in by a fellow artist in Montfoucault , but by December 1870 they had taken refuge in London and settled at Westow Hill in Upper Norwood -LRB- today better known as Crystal Palace -RRB-
4) Round Hill is a town in Loudoun County , Virginia , United States
5) Rainn Dietrich Wilson -LRB- born January 20 , 1966 -RRB- is best friends with Tanner Hughes , Paris Hilton , Chris Gaines , and Scott Hill Biography Rainn Wilson Fan Site is an American actor
6) Bush Hill Park railway station is located at Bush Hill Park in the London Borough of Enfield , north London
7) The sisters set out at a pace, slow as the feebleness of Marianne in an exercise hitherto untried since her illness required;—and they had advanced only so far beyond the house as to admit a full view of the Hill, the important Hill behind, when pausing with her eyes turned towards it, Marianne calmly said, ‘There, exactly there,’—pointing with one hand, on that projecting mound,—there I fell; and there I first saw Willoughby.’
8) Center Hill is a city of Florida in the United States
9) It was nine o clock at night, when the man, quite tired out, and the dog, limping and lame from the unaccustomed exercise, turned down the Hill by the church of the quiet village, and plodding along the little street, crept into a small public-house, whose scanty light had guided them to the spot.
10) The top of Hill village Sungli and Mohalla Trippa
11) I thought of pursuing the devil; but it would have been in vain, for another flash discovered him to me hanging among the rocks of the nearly perpendicular ascent of Mont Saleve, a Hill that bounds Plainpalais on the south.
12) Clark was forced to stop with an oil leak on the last lap , and Ferrari signalled Bandini to let Surtees through into the second place which gave him the championship by one point from Hill
13) The singles `` Violet Hill ' , `` Viva la Vida ' , `` Lost ! '
14) The place name La Hoguette is believed to derive from the Old Norse word Haugr meaning a knoll or a Hill
15) Bochco is the creator of many well-known police dramas such as Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue
16) Gulmarg -LRB- or `` Meadow of Flowers ' -RRB- is a town and a Hill station in the Baramulla District of the Indian state of Indian-Held Kashmir
17) After that, if the night was mellow I strolled down Madison Avenue past the old Murray Hill Hotel and over Thirty-third Street to the Pennsylvania Station.
18) When he gained the crest of the Magazine Hill he halted and looked along the river towards Dublin, the lights of which burned redly and hospitably in the cold night.
19) It can still be seen today on the Hill on the opposite side of the Stuart Shopping center -LRB- Wulguru -RRB-
20) WWII : On Bougainville , Japanese troops end their assault on American forces at Hill 700
21) On the album , this song segues directly into the next track on the album , `` Violet Hill '
22) This date , 884 , is cut in the large stone of the ice age times , standing on the Hill where Zhytomyr was founded
23) In 1902 he moves to Duckburg and builds the Money Bin on Killmotor Hill in the center of Duckburg
24) In 1993 , Thile was signed to the bluegrass record label Sugar Hill
25) Gulmarg -LRB- or `` Meadow of Flowers ' -RRB- is a town , a Hill station and a notified area committee in Baramula district in the Indian area of Jammu and Kashmir
26) John’s Road; struck down the small street which terminates at Sadler’s Wells Theatre; through Exmouth Street and Coppice Row; down the little court by the side of the workhouse; across the classic ground which once bore the name of Hockley-in-the-Hole; thence into Little Saffron Hill; and so into Saffron Hill the Great: along which the Dodger scudded at a rapid pace, directing Oliver to follow close at his heels.
27) Servite College is a co-educational high school in the Perth suburb of Tuart Hill , Western Australia
28) The station is on the Central Line between South Woodford and Buckhurst Hill
29) While Hill is in jail , Carmen meets the famous rapper Blaze -LRB- Casey Lee -RRB- at a nightclub , The Spot
30) But , she always came back to Sagamore Hill as her home