1) A natural elevation of land, or a mass of earth rising above the common level of the surrounding land; an eminence less than a mountain.
2) The earth raised about the roots of a plant or cluster of plants. [U. S.] See Hill, v. t.
1) A single cluster or group of plants growing close together, and having the earth heaped up about them; as, a hill of corn or potatoes.
2) To surround with earth; to heap or draw earth around or upon; as, to hill corn.
Examples Sentences for
1) The area along the southern banks of the Parramatta River , west of Petersham to Rose Hill , was reported to belong to the Wanegal
2) The surrounding shores were beautiful with semitropical verdure, while in the distance the country rose from the ocean in Hill and tableland, almost uniformly clothed by primeval forest.
3) But , she always came back to Sagamore Hill as her home
4) Murray Hill is a city of Kentucky in the United States
5) It can still be seen today on the Hill on the opposite side of the Stuart Shopping center -LRB- Wulguru -RRB-
6) Burrow is a Hill in Shropshire with an Iron Age Hill fort at the summit known as Burrow Camp
7) One possible location of the sermon is on a Hill that rises near Capernaum
8) In 1966 , a dog called Pickles discovered the World Cup Jules Rimet Trophy under a bush farther up in Beulah Hill
9) He waited at the bottom of a steep Hill till a stage-coach came up, and then begged of the outside passengers; but there were very few who took any notice of him: and even those told him to wait till they got to the top of the Hill, and then let them see how far he could run for a halfpenny.
10) Small forts to defend pass on each Hill top
11) The album consists entirely of cover songs and includes covers of artists such as Bruce Springsteen , Bob Dylan , Minor Threat , Eric B. & Rakim , EPMD , MC5 , The Rolling Stones , Cypress Hill , and Devo
12) After that, if the night was mellow I strolled down Madison Avenue past the old Murray Hill Hotel and over Thirty-third Street to the Pennsylvania Station.
13) King of the Hill -LRB- known as Hank of the Hill in the UK and Western Europe -RRB- is an American animated series created by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels , that ran from January 11 , 1997 to September 13 , 2009 on Fox
14) He had the Idris Alba stance with the Hill Harper swag and it was all topped off with the Denzel charm.
15) Round Hill , Rappahannock County , Virginia
16) After that, if the night was mellow I strolled down Madison Avenue past the old Murray Hill Hotel and over Thirty-third Street to the Pennsylvania Station.
17) Center Hill is a city of Florida in the United States
18) The north side of the Hill is quite steep and reaches a height of 125 metres above the surrounding basalt plain
19) In the 17th and 18th century , the bourgeois supported the English revolution , Christopher Hill , Century of Revolutions American revolution and French revolution in overthrowing the laws and privileges of feudal order
20) Laura Lee Hill rose
21) Known in ancient times as Mt. Eremos and Karn Hattin , this Hill is now the site of a twentieth-century Roman Catholic chapel called the Church of the Beatitudes
22) The place name La Hoguette is believed to derive from the Old Norse word Haugr meaning a knoll or a Hill
23) One consolation however remained for them, to which the exigence of the moment gave more than usual propriety; it was that of running with all possible speed down the steep side of the Hill which led immediately to their garden gate.
24) Poss acquired full control of Sugar Hill in 1980 and owned the label until 1998 , when he sold it to the Welk Music Group , owner of Vanguard Records
25) Another day, when their mother was alive, they had all gone for a picnic to the Hill of Howth.
26) This led to the residential area around the building becoming known as Crystal Palace instead of Sydenham Hill
27) Many years later , local Avon saleswoman Peg Boggs , after failing to make profits in her suburban neighborhood , visits the Gothic mansion on a Hill where Edward lives
28) At 18 years of age he ended up in Wales , performing bit parts in Hamlet , where he became friends with Rhys Ifans -LRB- Notting Hill -RRB-
29) Her other novels include Hangsaman (1951) , The Birds Nest (1954) , The Sundial (1958) and The Haunting of Hill House (1959) , regarded by many as one of the important horror novels of the 20th Century
30) Round Hill is a town of Virginia in the United States