1) Of or pertaining to the nose.
2) Having a quality imparted by means of the nose; and specifically, made by lowering the soft palate, in some cases with closure of the oral passage, the voice thus issuing (wholly or partially) through the nose, as in the consonants m, n, ng (see Guide to Pronunciation, // 20, 208); characterized by resonance in the nasal passage; as, a nasal vowel; a nasal utterance.
1) An elementary sound which is uttered through the nose, or through both the nose and the mouth simultaneously.
2) A medicine that operates through the nose; an errhine.
3) Part of a helmet projecting to protect the nose; a nose guard.
4) One of the nasal bones.
5) A plate, or scale, on the nose of a fish, etc.
Examples Sentences for
1) Other symptoms are e.g. a runny nose , Nasal congestion and/or a red and/or tearing eye on the side of the headache
2) In bacterial meningitis , bacteria reach the meninges by one of two main routes : through the bloodstream or through direct contact between the meninges and either the Nasal cavity or the skin
3) We walked through the flaring streets, jostled by drunken men and bargaining women, amid the curses of labourers, the shrill litanies of shop-boys who stood on guard by the barrels of pigsscheeks, the Nasal chanting of street-singers, who sang a come-all-you about O Donovan Rossa, or a ballad about the troubles in our native land.
4) The Nasal septum is composed of three structures :
5) The Nasal septum can depart from the centreline of the nose ; this condition is known as a deviated septum
6) png Horizontal section of Nasal and orbital cavities
7) The Nasal septum separates the left and right airways in the nose and divides the two nostrils
8) The Nasal septum separates the left and right airways in the nose , dividing the two nostrils
9) png Coronal section of Nasal cavities
10) However , he was one of the only Mississippi blues musicians to sing with a Nasal voice
11) An operation to the Nasal septum is known as a septoplasty
12) This sense is mediated by specialized sensory cells of the Nasal cavity of vertebrates , and , by analogy , sensory cells of the antennae of invertebrates
13) jpg MRI image showing Nasal septum
14) png Front of Nasal part of pharynx , as seen with the laryngoscope
15) Body Jewellery Shop - common body piercing problems Ear piercings are the most commonly stretched piercings , with Nasal septum piercings , tongue piercings and lip piercings/lip plates following close behind
16) Unlike antihistamines , which modify the systemic histamine-mediated allergic response , pseudoephedrine only relieves Nasal congestion commonly associated with colds or allergies
17) The fleshy external end of the Nasal septum is sometimes also called columella
18) Nose-picking is the act of extracting dried Nasal mucus or foreign bodies from the nose with a finger
19) We walked through the flaring streets, jostled by drunken men and bargaining women, amid the curses of labourers, the shrill litanies of shop-boys who stood on guard by the barrels of pigsscheeks, the Nasal chanting of street-singers, who sang a come-all-you about O Donovan Rossa, or a ballad about the troubles in our native land.
20) The advantage of oral pseudoephedrine over topical Nasal preparations , such as oxymetazoline , is that it does not cause rebound congestion -LRB- rhinitis medicamentosa -RRB- ; however , it is more likely to cause adverse effects including high blood pressure
21) jpg MRI image showimg Nasal septum
22) The Nasal septum is composed of five structures :