1) One of the whitish and elastic bundles of fibers, with the accompanying tissues, which transmit nervous impulses between nerve centers and various parts of the animal body.
2) A sinew or a tendon.
3) Physical force or steadiness; muscular power and control; constitutional vigor.
4) Steadiness and firmness of mind; self-command in personal danger, or under suffering; unshaken courage and endurance; coolness; pluck; resolution.
5) Audacity; assurance.
6) One of the principal fibrovascular bundles or ribs of a leaf, especially when these extend straight from the base or the midrib of the leaf.
7) One of the nervures, or veins, in the wings of insects.
1) To give strength or vigor to; to supply with force; as, fear nerved his arm.
Example Sentences for
1) I didn‟t mean to strike a Nerve or anything.”
2) Well, first Daisy turned away from the woman toward the other car, and then she lost her Nerve and turned back.
3) She had inadvertently touched a Nerve and had no idea what it was that had done it
4) The letters from town, which a few days before would have made every Nerve in Elinor’s body thrill with transport, now arrived to be read with less emotion that mirth.
5) When a sensory Nerve and a motor Nerve communicate with each other , it is called a Nerve stimulus
6) The human spinal cord is divided into 31 different segments , with motor Nerve roots going out in the ventral aspects and sensory Nerve roots entering in the dorsal aspects
7) She was hot velvet, gripping him as tightly as a fist, the friction fiery, sending flames along his Nerve endings
8) The nervous system is mainly composed by the nervous ganglion between mouth and anus , a ring Nerve at the basis of the lophophore , one or two giant Nerve fibers which issue from the ganglion and extend along the body wall
9) The central region of the coronal and radicular pulp contains large Nerve trunks and blood vessels
10) The nervous system consists of a ventral Nerve cord , with one ganglion in each segment , and an anterior Nerve ring surrounding the pharynx
11) He felt, though Marguerite still held her head steadily averted from him, that her every Nerve was strained to hear what he had to say. ‘The other day, citoyenne,she said, I asked for your help….
12) When a sensory neuron and a motor neuron communicate with each other , it is called a Nerve stimulus
13) He was evidently trying to get away, whilst she was straining every Nerve to keep him back for a moment or two. ‘Percy,sshe said, will you not tell me why you go to-day?
14) He felt, though Marguerite still held her head steadily averted from him, that her every Nerve was strained to hear what he had to say. ‘The other day, citoyenne,she said, I asked for your help….
15) Unmyelinated Nerve fibers for itch and pain both originate in the skin ; however , information for them is conveyed centrally in two distinct systems that both use the same peripheral Nerve bundle and spinothalamic tract
16) Yet she had done her best; had strained every Nerve for Armand’s sake.
17) It needed all Chauvelin’s Nerve and presence of mind not to give way to a useless and undignified access of rage.
18) Nerve fibers for itch and pain both are in the skin , but information for them is sent centrally in two distinct systems that both use the same Nerve bundle
19) There are 31 spinal cord Nerve segments in a human spinal cord :
20) I didn‟t mean to strike a Nerve or anything.”
21) Quinine can make someone paralyzed if it is injected into a Nerve
22) Each Nerve is a cordlike structure that contains many axons
23) Their last common ancestor had at most a very simple photoreceptive spot , but a range of processes led to the progressive refinement of this structure to the advanced camera eye - with one subtle difference : The cephalopod eye is `` wired ' in the opposite direction , with blood and Nerve vessels entering from the back of the retina , rather than the front as in vertebrates
24) The nervous system is mainly composed by the nervous ganglion between mouth and anus , a ring Nerve at the basis of the lophophore , one or two giant Nerves fibers which issue from the ganglion and extend along the body wall
25) There are 33 -LRB- some EMS text say 25 , counting the sacral as one solid piece -RRB- spinal cord Nerve segments in a human spinal cord :
26) Damage to Nerves can be caused by physical injury or swelling -LRB- e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome -RRB- , autoimmune diseases -LRB- e.g. Guillain-Barr é syndrome -RRB- , infection -LRB- neuritis -RRB- , diabetes or failure of the blood vessels surrounding the Nerve
27) The hairs were embedded in the tissue with Nerve endings that transmitted continual tangible information much like a radar system
28) Phosphorus compounds are also widely used in explosives , Nerve agents , friction matches , fireworks , pesticides , toothpaste , and detergents
29) How could that insolent man find the Nerve to pour scorn on our ruler?
30) “Yeah, struck a Nerve and had me limping for months.” 30 “Oh my God, I #8223;m sorry to hear that.”