1) An evil spirit of the waters.
2) A notch cut into something
3) A score for keeping an account; a reckoning.
4) A notch cut crosswise in the shank of a type, to assist a compositor in placing it properly in the stick, and in distribution.
5) A broken or indented place in any edge or surface; nicks in china.
6) A particular point or place considered as marked by a nick; the exact point or critical moment.
1) To make a nick or nicks in; to notch; to keep count of or upon by nicks; as, to nick a stick, tally, etc.
2) To mar; to deface; to make ragged, as by cutting nicks or notches in.
3) To suit or fit into, as by a correspondence of nicks; to tally with.
4) To hit at, or in, the nick; to touch rightly; to strike at the precise point or time.
5) To make a cross cut or cuts on the under side of (the tail of a horse, in order to make him carry ir higher).
6) To nickname; to style.
Example Sentences for
1) Nicholas William Peter `` Nick ' Clegg -LRB- born 7 January 1967 -RRB- is a British politician who is the Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom , Lord President of the Council and Minister for Constitutional and Political Reform in the UK coalition government of David Cameron
2) If my story never touched another person, Daniel's determination to swim like Nick would be enough to make my life and all the hardships I ve encountered worthwhile.
3) In 2005 he released the critically acclaimed opera , Ça Ira , which would go on to top the classical charts in America and Britain , as well as joining Nick Mason , Richard Wright and David Gilmour , for an historical performance at the 2 July 2005 Live 8 concert in Londons Hyde Park , Pink Floyds first public performance with Roger in 24 years
4) Pedro Martínez de la Rosa -LRB- born 24 February 1971 in Barcelona , Catalonia , Spain -RRB- is a Formula One driver who drove for the Sauber team in 2010 until being replaced by Nick Heidfeld on September 14 before the Singapore Grand Prix
5) He opened the door but she moved out from the circle of his arm. ‘You take Nick and Jordan.
6) The film features the voices of Bruce Willis , Garry Shandling , Steve Carell , William Shatner , Wanda Sykes , Nick Nolte , and Avril Lavigne
7) She felt that if Nick can trust in God, then I can too.
8) You were with Nick here.’ ‘I know your wife,scontinued Gatsby, almost aggressively. ‘That so?’
9) I didn't want my grandchildren to one day discover a DVD of a movie in which Grandpa Nick curses, drools tobacco juice down his chin, and lives like a degenerate.
10) He opened the door but she moved out from the circle of his arm. ‘You take Nick and Jordan.
11) I didn't want to become Nick sushi.
12) I didn't recognize the voice and was not even sure that I was the Nick being summoned.
13) Le Père Fouettard -LRB- French for The whipping FatherChristmas -RRB- was a character who went with St. Nicholas in his rounds at Christmas giving the naughty children the whip while St. Nick gives gifts to the well behaved
14) Nickelodeon -LRB- usually abbreviated as Nick , and originally named Pinwheel from December 1 , 1977 to March 31 , 1979 -RRB- is an American cable television network owned by MTV Networks , a subsidiary of Viacom International
15) I didn't want my grandchildren to one day discover a DVD of a movie in which Grandpa Nick curses, drools tobacco juice down his chin, and lives like a degenerate.
16) For the bass guitar , Lord suggested his old friend Nick Simper , with whom he had played in a band called The Flower Pot Men and their Garden -LRB- formerly known as The Ivy League -RRB- back in 1967
17) I didn't want to become Nick sushi.
18) Party -LRB- Nick Swardson album -RRB- , a 2007 album
19) He was afraid he'd have to explain why that strange guy named Nick was carried off by a shark looking for a bite-size bloke.
20) Unlike most cable channels -LRB- save for sports-oriented channels -RRB- , Nickelodeon is sometimes susceptible to programs overrunning their designated timeslot because of short-form segments airing in commercial breaks during special programming which add time to commercial breaks with no limiting of the number of commercials shown when these segments air between breaks , this often causes program start times to be disrupted , which is problematic for those recording Nick programs as part of the program may be cut off
21) Our beautiful white——‘ ‘Did you give Nick a little heart to heart talk on the veranda?sdemanded Tom suddenly. 22 The Great Gatsby ‘Did I sShe looked at me.
22) He was not in the way when I did not want him, and now he arrives in the Nick of time.
23) chairman = Nick Owen
24) It shares its channel space with Nick at Nite , a nighttime channel/programming block airing mainly sitcom reruns , created in 1985 , that airs during the interim hours and is treated as a separate channel from Nickelodeon by A.C. Nielsen Co. for ratings purposes
25) Daisy looked around doubtfully. ‘You kiss Nick too.’ ‘What a low, vulgar girl!’ ‘I don’t care!scried Daisy and began to clog on the brick fireplace.
26) I m working as a caregiver for this guy named Nick Vujicic, he said.
27) With love and faith, Nick ACKNOWLEDGMENTS GOD: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
28) Nicholas `` Nick ' Thompson Swisher -LRB- born November 25 , 1980 in Columbus , Ohio -RRB- is a American baseball player
29) Party -LRB- Nick Swardson album -RRB- , a comedy album by Nick Swardson
30) She felt that if Nick can trust in God, then I can too.