1) Know not; knows not.
2) Need; needful business.
3) A mark or token by which a thing may be known; a visible sign; a character; a distinctive mark or feature; a characteristic quality.
4) A mark, or sign, made to call attention, to point out something to notice, or the like; a sign, or token, proving or giving evidence.
5) A brief remark; a marginal comment or explanation; hence, an annotation on a text or author; a comment; a critical, explanatory, or illustrative observation.
6) A brief writing intended to assist the memory; a memorandum; a minute.
7) Hence, a writing intended to be used in speaking; memoranda to assist a speaker, being either a synopsis, or the full text of what is to be said; as, to preach from notes; also, a reporter's memoranda; the original report of a speech or of proceedings.
8) A short informal letter; a billet.
9) A diplomatic missive or written communication.
10) A written or printed paper acknowledging a debt, and promising payment; as, a promissory note; a note of hand; a negotiable note.
11) A list of items or of charges; an account.
12) A character, variously formed, to indicate the length of a tone, and variously placed upon the staff to indicate its pitch. Hence:
13) A musical sound; a tone; an utterance; a tune.
14) A key of the piano or organ.
15) Observation; notice; heed.
16) Notification; information; intelligence.
17) State of being under observation.
18) Reputation; distinction; as, a poet of note.
19) Stigma; brand; reproach.
20) To notice with care; to observe; to remark; to heed; to attend to.
21) To record in writing; to make a memorandum of.
22) To charge, as with crime (with of or for before the thing charged); to brand.
23) To denote; to designate.
24) To annotate.
25) To set down in musical characters.
1) To butt; to push with the horns.
Examples Sentences for
1) Though his eyes took Note of many elements of the crowd through which he passed they did so morosely.
2) On the front of the postcard was a picture of tulip fields in dazzling pinks, yellows, and purples, and on the back a Note written in delicate handwriting: Dear Sir/Madam, Greetings from Amsterdam.
3) But Ella had no way of knowing this as she sat in the silence of her kitchen and composed a Note to an unknown writer she didn’t expect to meet now or at any time in the future.
4) The soft one-two Note was closer this time
5) She was the most strident dissident Note in their otherwise peaceful home life, and it was almost a relief to Marshall when he arrived after work, if he found that Lindsay was out with her friends.
6) I should have told you before that when I slipped that Note into the hut, I also added another for Armand, which I directed him to leave behind, and which has sent Chauvelin and his men running full tilt back to the Chat Grissafter me; but the first little Note contained my real instructions, including those to old Briggs.
7) On a rather more serious Note Andersen had a half-sister , Karen Marie , with whom he managed to speak on only a few occasions before her death
8) In a situation of fluid statics , the net upward buoyancy force is equal to the magnitude of the weight of fluid displaced by the body Note : In the absence of surface tension , the mass of fluid displaced is equal to the submerged volume multiplied by the fluid density
9) I know him well, 518 Oliver Twist your worship.’ ‘Oh! you know me, do you?scried the Artful, making a Note of the statement.
10) The following is a list of players of Note that played their last game in the NHL in 1929 -- 30 -LRB- listed with their last team -RRB- :
11) There was a Note of tenderness in the Magus’s voice.
12) The evening could have ended on that warm Note and I could have gone home a happy man, feeling confident that things were improving, had it not been for what happened next, ruining everything.
13) Mr Fenton's Note to Harry's parents promises to return to them the most accomplished and most perfect of all human beings (Fool, vol.
14) Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York :1930 McGraw-Hill Page 192 Color Sample : Page 29 Plate 3 Color Sample K5 -LRB- Note : The color sample matches the color shown above as Rich Carmine . -RRB-
15) IMPORTANT NOTICE : Please Note that Wikipedia is not a database to store the millions of digits of ; please refrain from adding those to Wikipedia , as it could cause technical problems and it makes the page unreadable , or at least unattractive , in the opinion of most readers
16) Sir Andrew quickly and dexterously put out the flames and replaced the candelabra upon the table; but this had taken him a few seconds to do, and those seconds had been all that Marguerite needed to cast a quick glance at the paper, and to Note its contents—a dozen words in the same distorted handwriting she had seen before, and bearing the same device—a star-shaped flower drawn in red ink.
17) In an alpha amino acid , the amino group is attached to the carbon atom immediately adjacent to the carboxylate group -LRB- the -- carbon -RRB- , but Note that other types of amino acid exist when the amino group is attached to another carbon atom -LRB- for example , in gamma-amino acids such as gamma-amino-butyric acid the carbon atom to which the amino group attaches is separated from the carboxylate group by two other carbon atoms -RRB-
18) At that moment he looked round and saw her; she uttered a groan, passed her hand across her forehead, and murmured faintly: ‘The heat in the room was terrible…I felt so faint… 134 The Scarlet Pimpernel Ah!…’ She tottered almost as if she would fall, and Sir Andrew, quickly recovering himself, and crumpling in his hand the tiny Note he had been reading, was only apparently, just in time to support her. ‘You are ill, Lady Blakeney?she asked with much concern, ‘Let me…’ ‘No, no, nothing—sshe interrupted quickly.
19) Professional bodies of Note for electrical engineers include the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers -LRB- IEEE -RRB- and the Institution of Engineering and Technology -LRB- IET -RRB-
20) How she should begin—how she should express herself in her Note to Edward, was now all her concern.
21) If not, I made a Note to myself that I should be a conduit between him and the underbelly of society.
22) I wrote Mother a Note saying that Marygay had called; an emergency had come up and I had to go immediately to South Dakota.
23) Many of these novels, in one context or another, mention that a man, often through no fault of his own, may find himself in prison for debt (for example, he may have cosigned a Note for a rela tive who then defaulted); the very idea of prison is enough to evoke terror.
24) There was a Note of tenderness in the Magus’s voice.
25) Mr Fitzpatrick seemed to enjoy himself; he was quite unconscious that Mrs Kearney was taking angry Note of his conduct.
26) When Sir Andrew once more looked at her, he only saw upon her face alarm at the untoward accident and relief at its happy issue; whilst the tiny and momentous Note had apparently fluttered to the ground.
27) Wherever sympathy (fellow-suffering) is preached nowadaysó and, if I gather rightly, no other religion is any longer preachedólet the psychologist have his ears open through all the vanity, through all the noise which is natural to these preachers (as to all preachers), he will hear a hoarse, groaning, genuine Note of SELF-CONTEMPT.
28) The hexatonic , or six Note , blues scale consists of the minor pentatonic scale plus the 4th or 5th degreeFerguson , Jim (2000)
29) The education of a young lady into the ways of the world5 EVELINA 73 might seem of little Note except, perhaps, to the young lady herself and, possibly, to other young ladies for whom her ad ventures could serve as harmless entertainment.
30) They had gone as far as leaving a poisoned cake in Saladin’s tent with a Note that said You are in our hands.