1) A drama, either tragic or comic, of which music forms an essential part; a drama wholly or mostly sung, consisting of recitative, arials, choruses, duets, trios, etc., with orchestral accompaniment, preludes, and interludes, together with appropriate costumes, scenery, and action; a lyric drama.
2) The score of a musical drama, either written or in print; a play set to music.
3) The house where operas are exhibited.
1) of Opus
Example Sentences for
1) In 2003 , Nelsons became principal conductor of the Latvian National Opera
2) Internet software : It includes additional web browsers -LRB- Opera and Google Chrome -RRB- , Adobe Flash Player , Moonlight and more communication software -LRB- aMSN and Skype -RRB-
3) Singspiel is a German term for a type of Opera with lots of magic and fantasy in the story
4) Death in Venice is an Opera in two acts by Benjamin Britten , his last
5) The terms were later adopted within bel canto , the Italian Opera singing method , where chest voice was identified as the lowest and head voice the highest of three vocal registers : the chest , passagio and head registers
6) Peter Grimes is an Opera by Benjamin Britten
7) Cavalli became so famous that he was invited to Paris in 1660 where he performed his Opera Xerxes
8) Marsh left the group in 2002 and now plays Michelle Connor in the long-running soap Opera Coronation Street
9) In 2000 she also took part in the second series of 13 Posterunek and did several guest appearances in the soap Opera Na Dobre i na z e and the comedy series wiat Wed ug Kiepskich
10) The Opera house was opened on 7 December 1742
11) The conductor Sergei Koussevitzky asked Britten to write an Opera based on a poem by George Crabbe
12) Rather than selling products individually , a subscription sells periodic -LRB- monthly or yearly or seasonal -RRB- use or access to a product or service , or , in the case of such non-profit organizations as Opera companies or symphony orchestras , it sells tickets to the entire run of five to fifteen scheduled performances for an entire season
13) In addition to the standard narrative dialogue style of plays , theater takes such forms as musicals , Opera , ballet , illusion , mime , Indian dance , kabuki , mummers plays , stand-up comedy , pantomime , and non-conventional or arthouse theater
14) In 2003 Nelsons became principal conductor of the Latvian National Opera
15) In 1962 he gave up writing for motion pictures when he became director of the Opéra National de Paris and then chairman of SACEM , the French Performing Rights Society
16) It is the name of a famous Opera written by Giacomo Puccini
17) The first performance of his last Opera , Falstaff was also given in this theater
18) Star Wars , later retitled Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope , is an epic 1977 American space Opera film , written and directed by George Lucas
19) Buxton Opera House was designed by Frank Matcham in 1903 and is the highest Opera house in the country
20) He aspired to recognition by the more influential Prague Opera , but Jen fa was refused there -LRB- twelve years passed before its first performance in Prague -RRB-
21) What in a summary of the plot sounds like soap Opera does not in the book read that way, for Inchbald has so well prepared the ground for something like this that Hannah's destruction by William has poignancy and dignity.
22) The Teatro Colón -LRB- Spanish -RRB- -LRB- Columbus Theatre -RRB- in Buenos Aires , Argentina , is one of the worlds best known Opera houses
23) There are classical ballet , Opera and music events
24) Opened on December 9 , 2005 , it includes a wide range of specialty stores and restaurants as well as a multiplex movie theater -LRB- consisted of 15 large size theaters with one of the them having the biggest screen and seating capacity in Asia -RRB- and the Siam Ocean World -LRB- Underwater world -RRB- aquarium -LRB- the largest aquarium in South East Asia -RRB- and an exhibition hall and the Thai Art Gallery and also an Opera concert hall
25) From 1945 , the Opera company played in the former Admiralspalast -LRB- todays Metropoltheater -RRB-
26) He was the first person after the war to conduct the Vienna Philharmonic and the Salzburg Festival where he conducted Mozarts Opera Don Giovanni
27) In the 18th century Italian Opera became very popular in England
28) Although a failure at its premiere , the Opera soon established itself and became one of the best-loved and most frequently performed , recorded and filmed of all Operas
29) Her nerves were in a state of painful tension, which had increased a hundredfold during that brief hour which she had spent in her husband’s company, between the Opera and the ball.
30) February 20 -- Mary Garden , American Opera soprano of Scots descent -LRB- some sources state her birth year as 1877 -RRB- -LRB- d. 1967 -RRB-