1) The act of sliding; as, a slide on the ice.
2) Smooth, even passage or progress.
3) That on which anything moves by sliding.
4) An inclined plane on which heavy bodies slide by the force of gravity, esp. one constructed on a mountain side for conveying logs by sliding them down.
5) A surface of ice or snow on which children slide for amusement.
6) That which operates by sliding.
7) A cover which opens or closes an aperture by sliding over it.
8) A moving piece which is guided by a part or parts along which it slides.
9) A clasp or brooch for a belt, or the like.
10) A plate or slip of glass on which is a picture or delineation to be exhibited by means of a magic lantern, stereopticon, or the like; a plate on which is an object to be examined with a microscope.
11) The descent of a mass of earth, rock, or snow down a hill or mountain side; as, a land slide, or a snow slide; also, the track of bare rock left by a land slide.
12) A small dislocation in beds of rock along a line of fissure.
13) A grace consisting of two or more small notes moving by conjoint degrees, and leading to a principal note either above or below.
14) An apparatus in the trumpet and trombone by which the sounding tube is lengthened and shortened so as to produce the tones between the fundamental and its harmonics.
15) A sound which, by a gradual change in the position of the vocal organs, passes imperceptibly into another sound.
16) Same as Guide bar, under Guide.
17) A slide valve.
1) To move along the surface of any body by slipping, or without walking or rolling; to slip; to glide; as, snow slides down the mountain's side.
2) Especially, to move over snow or ice with a smooth, uninterrupted motion, as on a sled moving by the force of gravity, or on the feet.
3) To pass inadvertently.
4) To pass along smoothly or unobservedly; to move gently onward without friction or hindrance; as, a ship or boat slides through the water.
5) To slip when walking or standing; to fall.
6) To pass from one note to another with no perceptible cassation of sound.
7) To pass out of one's thought as not being of any consequence.
8) To cause to slide; to thrust along; as, to slide one piece of timber along another.
9) To pass or put imperceptibly; to slip; as, to slide in a word to vary the sense of a question.
Example Sentences for
1) The adjustment of intonation is most often accomplished with a tuning Slide that is a short Slide between the neckpipe and the bell incorporating the bell bow -LRB- U-bend -RRB- ; this device was designed by the French maker François Riedlocker during the early nineteenth century and applied to French and British designs and later in the century to German and American models , though German trombones were built without tuning Slides well into the 20th century
2) Convergent boundaries -LRB- or active margins -RRB- occur where two plates Slide towards each other commonly forming either a subduction zone -LRB- if one plate moves underneath the other -RRB- or a continental collision -LRB- if the two plates contain continental crust -RRB-
3) “I #8223;ll Slide through.”
4) A Slide rule has logarithmic scales , and nomograms often employ logarithmic scales
5) Transform boundaries occur where plates Slide or , perhaps more accurately , grind past each other along transform faults
6) Dave Sardy - Tambourine , Slide guitar on `` Lazy Gun ' , Additional guitar on `` Are You Gonna Be My Girl ? '
7) A presentation software is a computer software package used to show information , normally in the form of a Slide show
8) “I m going to have to straighten out your sister,” he commented, as they watched the skyline of New York Slide past the limousine.
9) It originally formed in 1969 with Duane Allman -LRB- Slide guitar -RRB- , Gregg Allman -LRB- vocals , organ -RRB- , Dickey Betts -LRB- guitar -RRB- , Berry Oakley -LRB- bass guitar -RRB- , Butch Trucks -LRB- drums -RRB- and Jai Johanny `` Jaimoe ' Johanson -LRB- drums -RRB-
10) The band was formed in Jacksonville , Florida , in 1969 by brothers Duane Allman -LRB- Slide guitar and lead guitar -RRB- and Gregg Allman -LRB- vocals , organ , songwriting -RRB- , who were supported by Dickey Betts -LRB- lead guitar , vocals , songwriting -RRB- , Berry Oakley -LRB- bass guitar -RRB- , Butch Trucks -LRB- drums -RRB- , and Jai Johanny `` Jaimoe ' Johanson -LRB- drums -RRB-
11) Originally these programs were used to generate 35 mm Slides , to be presented using a Slide projector
12) Originally these programs were used to generate 35mm Slides , to be presented using a Slide projector
13) Her legs went out from under her and she began to Slide to the floor
14) For example , second position `` A ' is not in exactly the same place on the Slide as second position `` E. ' Many types of trombone also include one or more rotary valves used to increase the length of the instrument -LRB- and therefore lower its pitch -RRB- by directing the air flow through additional tubing
15) Human culture was wrested out of Nature by a lengthy, strenuous struggle, but it can always Slide back again.
16) Human culture was wrested out of Nature by a lengthy, strenuous struggle, but it can always Slide back again.
17) By contrast , volcanoes are usually not created where two tectonic plates Slide past one another
18) “I m going to have to straighten out your sister,” he commented, as they watched the skyline of New York Slide past the limousine.
19) Peter Wells - Slide guitar
20) The cold water hit my back and I screamed as he let me Slide down and get my grip against the bath mat. 240 “Ahhhh!”
21) Two iTunes Live Festival videos of `` Half the World Away ' and `` Slide Away ' are only available with the iTunes Deluxe Edition
22) All she really wanted to do was Slide down in the bed and disappear
23) I positioned myself back between her legs so that I could Slide into her and hear that first moan.
24) Rose Tattoo was formed in Sydney in 1976 with Leigh Johnston on rhythm guitar , Tony Lake on lead vocals and were led by Slide guitarist Peter Wells -- who had just departed as bass guitarist of heavy metal band Buffalo
25) A presentation program is a computer software package used to display information , normally in the form of a Slide show
26) Yelp was one of three projects , including Adzaar and Slide , to come out of the San Francisco incubator , MRL Ventures
27) “I #8223;ll Slide through.”
28) The cold water hit my back and I screamed as he let me Slide down and get my grip against the bath mat. 240 “Ahhhh!”
29) The number peaked in the high 800s and began to Slide back down.
30) The number peaked in the high 800s and began to Slide back down.