1) That swims; capable of swimming; adapted to, or used in, swimming; as, a swimming bird; a swimming motion.
2) Suffused with moisture; as, swimming eyes.
3) Being in a state of vertigo or dizziness; as, a swimming brain.
1) The act of one who swims.
2) Vertigo; dizziness; as, a swimming in the head.
p. pr. & vb. n.
1) of Swim
Examples Sentences for
1) That despairing child could not possibly have foreseen the joyful man Swimming with great sea turtles off the Hawaiian coast, surfing in California, or scuba diving in Colombia.
2) Look also at the innumerable fish that are Swimming in the clear waters, where we can distinguish every pebble that lies at the bottom.
3) All the Swimming she did, and the careful diet had paid o .
4) Ashley felt like she was Swimming underwater.
5) We both began Swimming for an hour or so every clear day, in the calm, pressor guarded water off the beach.
6) The one on my right was a colossal affair by any standard—it was a factual imitation of some Hôtel de Ville in Normandy, with a tower on one side, spanking new under a thin beard of raw ivy, and a marble Swimming pool and more than forty acres of lawn and garden.
7) He usually wears a sailor shirt , cap , and a red bow tie , but no trousers -LRB- except when he goes Swimming -RRB-
8) Slowly, hazily, as if Swimming back to the shore from a sea of reveries, he looked at me and said nothing.
9) KIS has many facilities , like a tennis court , Swimming pool , soft-surface playing fields , and a gymnasium
10) ' 'It's the story about that seventy-year-old millionaire who drowned in a Swimming pool while he was honeymooning with his twenty-five-year-old bride
11) Other Swimming and diving birds , like grebes and loons , are sometimes called ducks , but they are not
12) But for those Swimming in it, there are four currents.
13) I am very buoyant, so floating and Swimming is not a problem.
14) Nickel , 2002 In vertebrates , the spinal cord by itself contains neural circuitry capable of generating reflex responses as well as simple motor patterns such as Swimming or walking
15) With a quick, almost involuntary effort he would have taken her then in his arms, for her eyes were Swimming in tears, which he longed to kiss away; but she had lured him once, just like this, then cast him aside like an ill-fitting glove.
16) I was Swimming in new water.
17) A camping site near McKillops Bridge has excellent spots for Swimming
18) I am very buoyant, so floating and Swimming is not a problem.
19) We both began Swimming for an hour or so every clear day, in the calm, pressor guarded water off the beach.
20) The one on my right was a colossal affair by any standard—it was a factual imitation of some Hôtel de Ville in Normandy, with a tower on one side, spanking new under a thin beard of raw ivy, and a marble Swimming pool and more than forty acres of lawn and garden.
21) Among aquatic families -- Dytiscidae , Haliplidae , many species of Hydrophilidae and others -- the legs , most notably the last pair , are modified for Swimming and often bear rows of long hairs to aid this purpose
22) The three of them had gone Swimming in the ocean, and taken a long walk on the beach.
23) Have you ever gone Swimming in a river?”
24) In sports , rhythmic gymnastics , figure skating , ice dancing and synchronized Swimming are dance disciplines
25) That despairing child could not possibly have foreseen the joyful man Swimming with great sea turtles off the Hawaiian coast, surfing in California, or scuba diving in Colombia.
26) In the scene we filmed, I accidentally fall into the creek's pool and everyone fears that I ve drowned, but I of course pop up, showing off my Swimming ability.
27) They preferred Swimming in the ocean and walking on the beach.
28) After the house, we were to see the grounds and the Swimming pool, and the hydroplane and the midsummer flowers—but outside Gatsby’s window it began to rain again so we stood in a row looking at the corrugated surface of the Sound. ‘If it wasn’t for the mist we could see your home across the bay,ssaid Gatsby.
29) The school has a Swimming pool , tennis court , renovated gymnasium and two soft-surface playing fields - a soccerball field and a basketball court
30) She detested small enclosed places, and Swimming in the dark waters through a tunnel she’d never seen was a true test of her trust in Rio