1) That swims; capable of swimming; adapted to, or used in, swimming; as, a swimming bird; a swimming motion.
2) Suffused with moisture; as, swimming eyes.
3) Being in a state of vertigo or dizziness; as, a swimming brain.
1) The act of one who swims.
2) Vertigo; dizziness; as, a swimming in the head.
p. pr. & vb. n.
1) of Swim
Example Sentences for
1) The palace was destroyed by fire on the 30th November 1936 and the site of the building and its grounds are now known as Crystal Palace Park and include an olympic sized Swimming pool
2) Gatsby asked me to wait until he was free and I lingered in the garden until the inevitable Swimming party had run up, chilled and exalted, from the black beach, until the lights were extinguished in the guest rooms overhead.
3) With a quick, almost involuntary effort he would have taken her then in his arms, for her eyes were Swimming in tears, which he longed to kiss away; but she had lured him once, just like this, then cast him aside like an ill-fitting glove.
4) Entering into a discussion about the significance of the sharia with a man whose job was to judge, and often punish, people according to the sharia was Swimming in dangerous waters.
5) The one on my right was a colossal affair by any standard—it was a factual imitation of some Hôtel de Ville in Normandy, with a tower on one side, spanking new under a thin beard of raw ivy, and a marble Swimming pool and more than forty acres of lawn and garden.
6) But for those Swimming in it, there are four currents.
7) I was Swimming in new water.
8) I am very tired of Swimming about here, O Mouse!s Alice thought this must be the right way of speaking to a mouse: she had never done such a thing before, but she remembered having seen in her brother’s Latin Grammar, A mouse—of a mouse—to a mouse—a mouse— O mouse!sThe Mouse looked at her rather inquisitively, and seemed to her to wink with one of its little eyes, but it said nothing. ‘Perhaps it doesn’t understand English,sthought Alice; ‘I daresay it’s a French mouse, come over with William the Conqueror.s For, with all her knowledge of history, Alice had no very clear notion how long ago anything had happened.)
9) She detested small enclosed places, and Swimming in the dark waters through a tunnel she’d never seen was a true test of her trust in Rio
10) Ashley felt like she was Swimming underwater.
11) Slowly, hazily, as if Swimming back to the shore from a sea of reveries, he looked at me and said nothing.
12) And Fiona was going to be with her kids, Swimming in the ocean, and lying on the beach.
13) The three of them had gone Swimming in the ocean, and taken a long walk on the beach.
14) In the scene we filmed, I accidentally fall into the creek's pool and everyone fears that I ve drowned, but I of course pop up, showing off my Swimming ability.
15) A typical fish is ectothermic , has a streamlined body for rapid Swimming , extracts oxygen from water using gills or uses an accessory breathing organ to breathe atmospheric oxygen , has two sets of paired fins , usually one or two -LRB- rarely three -RRB- dorsal fins , an anal fin , and a tail fin , has jaws , has skin that is usually covered with scales , and lays eggs
16) She looked at him, pleading, tears Swimming in her dark eyes
17) For example , the PADI Open Water Diver -LRB- the most basic rank -RRB- course takes 5 dives in a Swimming pool and 4 dives in open water -LRB- i.e. sea , lake , etc. -RRB- ; after the course the qualified diver is allowed to dive to
18) The three of them had gone Swimming in the ocean, and taken a long walk on the beach.
19) That despairing child could not possibly have foreseen the joyful man Swimming with great sea turtles off the Hawaiian coast, surfing in California, or scuba diving in Colombia.
20) In my car.’ ‘It’s too late.’ ‘Well, suppose we take a plunge in the Swimming pool?
21) Nudity in private places , such as a home , Swimming pool , or nudist club does not count , as these are private places
22) Among aquatic families -- Dytiscidae , Haliplidae , many species of Hydrophilidae and others -- the legs , most notably the last pair , are modified for Swimming and often bear rows of long hairs to aid this purpose
23) I am very buoyant, so floating and Swimming is not a problem.
24) Have you ever gone Swimming in a river?”
25) As much as I tried to do ordinary activities like Swimming and skateboarding, I would only become more and more aware that there were simply some things I would never be able to do.
26) I am very buoyant, so floating and Swimming is not a problem.
27) In sports , gymnastics , figure skating , and synchronized Swimming are dance disciplines while martial arts `` kata ' are often compared to dances
28) He had been Swimming with her before
29) After the house, we were to see the grounds and the Swimming pool, and the hydroplane and the midsummer flowers—but outside Gatsby’s window it began to rain again so we stood in a row looking at the corrugated surface of the Sound. ‘If it wasn’t for the mist we could see your home across the bay,ssaid Gatsby.
30) He says it kills all the rats and— oh dear!scried Alice in a sorrowful tone, I m afraid I ve offended it again!sFor the Mouse was Swimming away from her as hard as it could go, and making quite a commotion in the pool as it went.