1) Literally, a boundary; a border; a limit.
2) The Roman divinity who presided over boundaries, whose statue was properly a short pillar terminating in the bust of a man, woman, satyr, or the like, but often merely a post or stone stuck in the ground on a boundary line.
3) Hence, any post or stone marking a boundary; a term. See Term, 8.
4) Either end of a railroad line; also, the station house, or the town or city, at that place.
Example Sentences for
1) Further support for this Terminus ad quem may be found in a possible reference to the letter in 2 Maccabees 2:1 -3
2) Strathaven station , the first station , was the Terminus of the Hamilton and Strathaven Railway
3) The station was a Terminus for the Central Line , with passengers to a steam shuttle towards Epping , until electric services began as far as Loughton -LRB- and around the loop to Hainault -RRB- on 21 November 1948
4) The southern Terminus of the route is at exit 146 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike -LRB- I-70 and I-76 -RRB- north of Bedford , where the road continues south as U.S. Route 220
5) Its southern Terminus is at an interchange with Interstate 64 and Interstate 65 -LRB- the Kennedy Interchange -RRB- in Louisville , Kentucky
6) is an underground Terminus of the Minatomirai Line subway located in Naka-ku , Yokohama , Kanagawa Prefecture , Japan
7) Its southern Terminus is near Slidell , Louisiana , a suburb of New Orleans , at an intersection with Interstate 10 and Interstate 12 -RRB- , its northern Terminus is at Wildwood , Georgia , at an intersection with Interstate 24
8) Waterloo station , also -LRB- but rarely -RRB- known as London Waterloo , is a major railway Terminus in London
9) Coopersale Halt is the current Terminus of the Epping Ongar Railway in the hamlet of Coopersale in Epping , Essex , England
10) Waterloo station , also known as London Waterloo , is a major railway Terminus in central London , owned and operated by Network Rail
11) The station is also a Terminus -LRB- an ending point -RRB- for services from Hainault via Chigwell
12) Its southern Terminus is at Interstate H-1 in Pearl City , and its northern Terminus is at Wilikina Drive -LRB- Route 99 -RRB- in Wahiaw near Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield
13) Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line - Terminus -LRB- through service to T ky T yoko Line beginning in 2012 -RRB-
14) In March 2006 , after 15-years of debate , the government authorised the construction of a extension of the M6 from its then northern Terminus near Carlisle to the Anglo-Scottish border at Gretna -LRB- the so-called `` Cumberland Gap ' -RRB- , where it links into the existing A74 -LRB- M -RRB-
15) Its southern Terminus is at Interstate H-1 in Pearl City , and its northern Terminus is at Wilikina Drive -LRB- Wahiawa Bypass -RRB- -LRB- Route 99 -RRB- in Wahiaw near Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield
16) Before 1961 , the Metropolitan lines north-western Terminus at Aylesbury was the most distant
17) When the tRNA binds to its complementary codon in an mRNA strand , the ribosome ligates its amino acid cargo to the new polypeptide chain , which is synthesized from amino Terminus to carboxyl Terminus
18) It is 0.8 kilometers from the Terminus of the Minatomirai Line at Yokohama Station
19) A major commuter hub , it is also the traditional Terminus for long-distance trains from the northern Japan , although with the extension of the Shinkansen lines to Tokyo Station this role has diminished in recent years
20) The station is also a Terminus for services via the Hainault loop
21) It is 4.1 kilometers from the opposite Terminus of the Minatomirai Line at Yokohama Station
22) The station is on the boundary of zones 1 and 2 of the London Travelcard area and , although a through station , it is a central London railway Terminus for ticketing purposes
23) Ueno Station should not be confused with the nearby Keisei-Ueno Station , the Tokyo Terminus of the Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport Station
24) The town of Chandpur is Terminus of a metre gauge branch of Bangladesh Railways
25) Cannon Street station , also known as London Cannon Street , is a central London railway Terminus and London Underground station complex in the City of London , the financial district of London in England
26) Cannon Street stationAlso known -LRB- but rarely -RRB- as London Cannon Street : is a central London railway Terminus and London Underground station complex in the City of London , the financial district of London
27) Its western Terminus is at Middletown , Virginia , at an intersection with Interstate 81 ; its eastern Terminus is in Washington , D.C. , at an intersection with U.S. Route 29