1) Literally, a boundary; a border; a limit.
2) The Roman divinity who presided over boundaries, whose statue was properly a short pillar terminating in the bust of a man, woman, satyr, or the like, but often merely a post or stone stuck in the ground on a boundary line.
3) Hence, any post or stone marking a boundary; a term. See Term, 8.
4) Either end of a railroad line; also, the station house, or the town or city, at that place.
Example Sentences for
1) Its southern Terminus is at Interstate H-1 in Pearl City , and its northern Terminus is at Wilikina Drive -LRB- Route 99 -RRB- in Wahiaw near Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield
2) A major commuter hub , it is also the traditional Terminus for long-distance trains from the northern Japan , although with the extension of the Shinkansen lines to Tokyo Station this role has diminished in recent years
3) The station is also a Terminus for services via the Hainault loop
4) Its western Terminus is at Middletown , Virginia , at an intersection with Interstate 81 ; its eastern Terminus is in Washington , D.C. , at an intersection with U.S. Route 29
5) The southern Terminus of the route is at exit 146 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike -LRB- I-70 and I-76 -RRB- north of Bedford , where the road continues south as U.S. Route 220
6) Coopersale Halt is the current Terminus of the Epping Ongar Railway in the hamlet of Coopersale in Epping , Essex , England
7) Its southern Terminus is at Interstate H-1 in Pearl City , and its northern Terminus is at Wilikina Drive -LRB- Wahiawa Bypass -RRB- -LRB- Route 99 -RRB- in Wahiaw near Schofield Barracks and Wheeler Army Airfield
8) The station is also a Terminus -LRB- an ending point -RRB- for services from Hainault via Chigwell
9) The station was a Terminus for the Central Line , with passengers to a steam shuttle towards Epping , until electric services began as far as Loughton -LRB- and around the loop to Hainault -RRB- on 21 November 1948
10) It is 4.1 kilometers from the opposite Terminus of the Minatomirai Line at Yokohama Station
11) Ueno Station should not be confused with the nearby Keisei-Ueno Station , the Tokyo Terminus of the Keisei Main Line to Narita Airport Station
12) In March 2006 , after 15-years of debate , the government authorised the construction of a extension of the M6 from its then northern Terminus near Carlisle to the Anglo-Scottish border at Gretna -LRB- the so-called `` Cumberland Gap ' -RRB- , where it links into the existing A74 -LRB- M -RRB-
13) The town of Chandpur is Terminus of a metre gauge branch of Bangladesh Railways
14) Waterloo station , also -LRB- but rarely -RRB- known as London Waterloo , is a major railway Terminus in London
15) Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line - Terminus -LRB- through service to T ky T yoko Line beginning in 2012 -RRB-
16) Strathaven station , the first station , was the Terminus of the Hamilton and Strathaven Railway
17) When the tRNA binds to its complementary codon in an mRNA strand , the ribosome ligates its amino acid cargo to the new polypeptide chain , which is synthesized from amino Terminus to carboxyl Terminus
18) The station is on the boundary of zones 1 and 2 of the London Travelcard area and , although a through station , it is a central London railway Terminus for ticketing purposes
19) Before 1961 , the Metropolitan lines north-western Terminus at Aylesbury was the most distant
20) Cannon Street station , also known as London Cannon Street , is a central London railway Terminus and London Underground station complex in the City of London , the financial district of London in England
21) Waterloo station , also known as London Waterloo , is a major railway Terminus in central London , owned and operated by Network Rail
22) It is 0.8 kilometers from the Terminus of the Minatomirai Line at Yokohama Station
23) Cannon Street stationAlso known -LRB- but rarely -RRB- as London Cannon Street : is a central London railway Terminus and London Underground station complex in the City of London , the financial district of London
24) Further support for this Terminus ad quem may be found in a possible reference to the letter in 2 Maccabees 2:1 -3
25) is an underground Terminus of the Minatomirai Line subway located in Naka-ku , Yokohama , Kanagawa Prefecture , Japan
26) Its southern Terminus is near Slidell , Louisiana , a suburb of New Orleans , at an intersection with Interstate 10 and Interstate 12 -RRB- , its northern Terminus is at Wildwood , Georgia , at an intersection with Interstate 24
27) Its southern Terminus is at an interchange with Interstate 64 and Interstate 65 -LRB- the Kennedy Interchange -RRB- in Louisville , Kentucky