1) From one end or side to the other; as, to pierce a thing through.
2) From beginning to end; as, to read a letter through.
3) To the end; to a conclusion; to the ultimate purpose; as, to carry a project through.
4) Going or extending through; going, extending, or serving from the beginning to the end; thorough; complete; as, a through line; a through ticket; a through train. Also, admitting of passage through; as, a through bridge.
1) From end to end of, or from side to side of; from one surface or limit of, to the opposite; into and out of at the opposite, or at another, point; as, to bore through a piece of timber, or through a board; a ball passes through the side of a ship.
2) Between the sides or walls of; within; as, to pass through a door; to go through an avenue.
3) By means of; by the agency of.
4) Over the whole surface or extent of; as, to ride through the country; to look through an account.
5) Among or in the midst of; -- used to denote passage; as, a fish swims through the water; the light glimmers through a thicket.
6) From the beginning to the end of; to the end or conclusion of; as, through life; through the year.
Example Sentences for
1) The Deûme passes Through Saint-Marcel and flows into the Cance with Annonay
2) I can never get out of my o ce without someone calling me right as I m going Through the door.”
3) His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly Through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.
4) The Po -LRB- Latin : Padus and Eridanus , Italian : Po , ancient Ligurian : Bodincus or Bodencus , Greek : -RRB- is a river that flows either or -- considering the length of the Maira , a right bank tributary -- eastward across northern Italy , from a spring seeping from a stony hillside at Pian del Re , a flat place at the head of the Val Po under the northwest face of Monviso -LRB- in the Cottian Alps -RRB- Through a delta projecting into the Adriatic Sea near Venice
5) It is invariably saddening to look Through new eyes at things upon which you have expended your own powers of adjustment.
6) Fortunately for those who pay their court Through such foibles, a fond mother, though, in pursuit of praise for her children, the most rapacious of human beings, is likewise the most credulous; her demands are exorbitant; but she will swallow any thing; and the excessive affection and endurance of the Miss Steeles towards her offspring were viewed therefore by Lady Middleton without the smallest surprise or distrust.
7) Though longer than the alternate route Through Sofia and the Ni ava Valley , this route led the Ottoman party to Kosovo , one of the most important crossroads in the Balkans
8) Known to history as one of the long-standing frontiers of the Roman Empire , the river flows Through or acts as part of the borders of ten countries : Germany -LRB- 7.5 % -RRB- , Austria -LRB- 10.3 % -RRB- , Slovakia -LRB- 5.8 % -RRB- , Hungary -LRB- 11.7 % -RRB- , Croatia -LRB- 4.5 % -RRB- , Serbia -LRB- 10.3 % -RRB- , Bulgaria -LRB- 5.2 % -RRB- , Moldova -LRB- 0.017 % -RRB- , Ukraine -LRB- 3.8 % -RRB- and Romania -LRB- 28.9 % -RRB-
9) Clever men, distinguished men, and even men of exalted station formed a perpetual and brilliant court round the fascinating young actress of the Comedie Francaise, and she glided Through republican, revolutionary, bloodthirsty Paris like a shining comet with a trail behind her of all that was most distinguished, most interesting, in intellectual Europe.
10) Although some reports indicate there had been no noticeable impact , or at least nothing more than the normal crunching of ice experienced when sailing Through icy waters , other reports say that there was a loud bang
11) Sometimes it was daylight, other times, night, but the one thing she counted on was the voice to steer her Through nightmares and help her find her way back to reality
12) If you've seen one of my talks posted on the Internet, the happiness I have that shines Through in those videos is the result of the journey I ve made.
13) I yelled Through the roach motel they called home.
14) Later , he went Through the area known today as Orange County on July 22 of that year
15) The sun had gone down behind the tall apartments of the movie stars in the West Fifties and the clear voices of girls, already gathered like crickets on the grass, rose Through the hot twilight: ‘I m the Sheik of Araby, Your love belongs to me.
16) RAID , an acronym for redundant array of inexpensive disks or redundant array of independent disks , is a technology that provides increased storage reliability Through redundancy , combining multiple low-cost , less-reliable disk drives components into a logical unit where all drives in the array are interdependent
17) He had been full of the idea so long, dreamed it right Through to the end, waited with his teeth set, so to speak, at 98 The Great Gatsby an inconceivable pitch of intensity.
18) “It doesn’t matter whether you’re seeking wisdom or pleasure Through the force of sex, it will always be a total experience, because it’s the only experience that touches—or should touch—all five senses at once.
19) However, Through this glorious affair I got my appointment, before I had fairly begun to hope for it
20) It is as though nothing for Woolf is entirely real unless it has first been filtered Through consciousness, seized and enriched by a solitary act of imagination.
21) Tenderly she bore him back Through the inky jungle to where the tribe lay, and for many days and nights she sat guard beside him, bringing him food and water, and brushing the flies and other insects from his cruel wounds.
22) All I kept thinking about, over and over, was You can’t live forever, you can’t live forever.s She turned to Mrs McKee and the room rang full of her artificial laughter. ‘My dear,sshe cried, I m going to give you this dress as soon as I m Through with it.
23) She could feel it in Rio, but the wildness in her was blossoming, spreading like a savage heat Through her body
24) The wind howled and moaned Through the trees, shaking leaves and hurling small twigs and branches in every direction
25) You can never break Through language in order to discover what set it in motion, since you would need language to do so.
26) All women seemed to go Through that phase where they wanted to feel young again and still feel desired.
27) Additionally , Zenwalk comes with many specialized tools , designed for beginner Through advanced users as it offers system configuration via both graphical and command-line operations
28) The world does not move Through time as if it were a straight line, proceeding from the past to the future.
29) Called thetapetum lucidum, the membrane acted like a mirror, allowing the light to bounce back Through the retina a second time for maximum ability to see
30) I just wanted to get Through it and get out of there, or so I told myself.