1) One of the ends of weaver's threads; hence, any soft, short threads or tufts resembling these.
2) Any coarse yarn; an unraveled strand of rope.
3) A threadlike part of a flower; a stamen.
4) A shove out of place; a small displacement or fault along a seam.
5) A mat made of canvas and tufts of yarn.
1) To play rudely or monotonously on a stringed instrument with the fingers; to strum.
2) Hence, to make a monotonous drumming noise; as, to thrum on a table.
1) To furnish with thrums; to insert tufts in; to fringe.
2) To insert short pieces of rope-yarn or spun yarn in; as, to thrum a piece of canvas, or a mat, thus making a rough or tufted surface.
3) To play, as a stringed instrument, in a rude or monotonous manner.
4) Hence, to drum on; to strike in a monotonous manner; to thrum the table.
Example Sentences forCouldn't Find Any Sentence...