1) The act of passing; passage through or over.
2) The act or process of causing to pass; conveyance; as, the transit of goods through a country.
3) A line or route of passage or conveyance; as, the Nicaragua transit.
4) The passage of a heavenly body over the meridian of a place, or through the field of a telescope.
5) The passage of a smaller body across the disk of a larger, as of Venus across the sun's disk, or of a satellite or its shadow across the disk of its primary.
6) An instrument resembling a theodolite, used by surveyors and engineers; -- called also transit compass, and surveyor's transit.
1) To pass over the disk of (a heavenly body).
Example Sentences for
1) Image : Ford Transit front 20071231
2) Two years later , Ford introduced the Transit Connect , a smaller panel van based on the C170 -LRB- Focus -RRB- platform and aimed at replacing the older Escort and Fiesta based models
3) is one of two rapid Transit systems making up the Tokyo subway system , the other being Toei
4) New York City Transit Police
5) The Ford Transit is a range of panel vans , minibuses , and pickup trucks , produced by the Ford Motor Company in Europe -LRB- including Turkey -RRB-
6) Turnstiles are used at a wide variety of settings , including stadiums , amusement parks , museums , mass Transit stations , office lobbies , retail sites , cafeterias , temporary exhibits , casinos and souvenir stands
7) 1769 - A Transit of Venus is followed five hours later by a total solar eclipse , the shortest such interval in the historical past
8) Ford Transit is a van produced by Ford Motor Company from 1965 to the present day
9) The Circle Line , a proposed rapid Transit line in Chicago
10) A compact van produced by Ford , the Transit Connect is also available
11) Toronto Transit Commissions subway and RT system
12) Perms public Transit network includes streetcar -LRB- tram -RRB- , bus , and trolleybus routes
13) The Housing Police , as well as New York City Transit Police , became part of the New York City Police Department in 1995 by order of New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and is now called the Housing Bureau
14) From 1961 , this vehicle was called the Ford Taunus Transit
15) Most rapid Transit systems are powered by a third rail , but some use pantographs , particularly ones that involve extensive above-ground running
16) It is mostly known to be used by the New York City Police Department -LRB- NYPD -RRB- , the NYPD Transit Bureau -LRB- was called the New York City Transit Police -RRB- and the NYPD Housing Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Housing Authority Police Department -RRB- and other law enforcement agencies when they are at work in New York City
17) 1639 - Jeremiah Horrocks made the first observation of a Transit of Venus
18) If a binary star happens to orbit in a plane along our line of sight , its components will mutually eclipse and Transit each other ; these pairs are called eclipsing binaries , or , as they are detected by their changes in brightness during eclipses and Transits , photometric binaries
19) Singapore Mass Rapid Transit -LRB- MRT -RRB-
20) Industrialcapitalist society in Eliot’s time was itself in Transit from an early unbridled individualism to a more corporate, regulated version of itself.
21) Tokyo Metro -LRB- , -RRB- is one of two rapid Transit systems making up the Tokyo subway system , the other being Toei
22) Optical fibers can be used as sensors to measure strain , temperature , pressure and other quantities by modifying a fiber so that the quantity to be measured modulates the intensity , phase , polarization , wavelength or Transit time of light in the fiber
23) Encryption is also used to protect data in Transit , for example data being transferred via networks -LRB- e.g. the Internet , e-commerce -RRB- , mobile telephones , wireless microphones , wireless intercom systems , Bluetooth devices and bank automatic teller machines
24) It is mostly known to be used by the New York City Police Department -LRB- NYPD -RRB- , the NYPD Transit Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Transit Police -RRB- and the NYPD Housing Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Housing Authority Police Department -RRB- and other law enforcement agencies when they are at work in New York City
25) Image : Ford Taunus Transit 1964 1
26) For example , the Computer Security Institute reported that in 2007 , 71 % of companies surveyed utilized encryption for some of their data in Transit , and 53 % utilized encryption for some of their data in storage
27) The Paris Métro or Métropolitain -LRB- -RRB- is a rapid Transit system in Paris , France
28) The first van to wear the Transit badge was the Taunus Transit
29) The Paris Métro or Métropolitain -LRB- -RRB- is the rapid Transit metro system in Paris
30) It shares very little with the full-size Transit in terms of engineering , although is produced alongside the larger van in a new purpose built facility in Turkey