1) The act of passing; passage through or over.
2) The act or process of causing to pass; conveyance; as, the transit of goods through a country.
3) A line or route of passage or conveyance; as, the Nicaragua transit.
4) The passage of a heavenly body over the meridian of a place, or through the field of a telescope.
5) The passage of a smaller body across the disk of a larger, as of Venus across the sun's disk, or of a satellite or its shadow across the disk of its primary.
6) An instrument resembling a theodolite, used by surveyors and engineers; -- called also transit compass, and surveyor's transit.
1) To pass over the disk of (a heavenly body).
Examples Sentences for
1) 1769 - A Transit of Venus is followed five hours later by a total solar eclipse , the shortest such interval in the historical past
2) It is mostly known to be used by the New York City Police Department -LRB- NYPD -RRB- , the NYPD Transit Bureau -LRB- was called the New York City Transit Police -RRB- and the NYPD Housing Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Housing Authority Police Department -RRB- and other law enforcement agencies when they are at work in New York City
3) Turnstiles are used at a wide variety of settings , including stadiums , amusement parks , museums , mass Transit stations , office lobbies , retail sites , cafeterias , temporary exhibits , casinos and souvenir stands
4) Ford Transit is a van produced by Ford Motor Company from 1965 to the present day
5) Industrialcapitalist society in Eliot’s time was itself in Transit from an early unbridled individualism to a more corporate, regulated version of itself.
6) is one of two rapid Transit systems making up the Tokyo subway system , the other being Toei
7) Industrialcapitalist society in Eliot’s time was itself in Transit from an early unbridled individualism to a more corporate, regulated version of itself.
8) A compact van produced by Ford , the Transit Connect is also available
9) Tokyo Metro -LRB- , -RRB- is one of two rapid Transit systems making up the Tokyo subway system , the other being Toei
10) The first van to wear the Transit badge was the Taunus Transit
11) This includes stadiums , amusement parks , museums , and mass Transit stations
12) For example , the Computer Security Institute reported that in 2007 , 71 % of companies surveyed utilized encryption for some of their data in Transit , and 53 % utilized encryption for some of their data in storage
13) Circle Line of Chicago ` L , proposed rapid Transit line in Chicago
14) It is mostly known to be used by the New York City Police Department -LRB- NYPD -RRB- , the NYPD Transit Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Transit Police -RRB- and the NYPD Housing Bureau -LRB- which was called the New York City Housing Authority Police Department -RRB- and other law enforcement agencies when they are at work in New York City
15) Optical fibers can be used as sensors to measure strain , temperature , pressure and other quantities by modifying a fiber so that the quantity to be measured modulates the intensity , phase , polarization , wavelength or Transit time of light in the fiber
16) Singapore Mass Rapid Transit -LRB- MRT -RRB-
17) The Circle Line , a proposed rapid Transit line in Chicago
18) Two years later , Ford introduced the Transit Connect , a smaller panel van based on the C170 -LRB- Focus -RRB- platform and aimed at replacing the older Escort and Fiesta based models
19) Perms public Transit network includes streetcar -LRB- tram -RRB- , bus , and trolleybus routes
20) Image : Ford Transit front 20071231
21) New York City Transit Police
22) The Housing Police , as well as New York City Transit Police , became part of the New York City Police Department in 1995 by order of New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and is now called the Housing Bureau
23) If a binary star happens to orbit in a plane along our line of sight , its components will mutually eclipse and Transit each other ; these pairs are called eclipsing binaries , or , as they are detected by their changes in brightness during eclipses and Transits , photometric binaries
24) November 24 - Transit of Venus - the last not to be part of a pair
25) Encryption is also used to protect data in Transit , for example data being transferred via networks -LRB- e.g. the Internet , e-commerce -RRB- , mobile telephones , wireless microphones , wireless intercom systems , Bluetooth devices and bank automatic teller machines
26) From 1961 , this vehicle was called the Ford Taunus Transit
27) The network is based on a commuter rail model centred on the Melbourne Central Business District -LRB- CBD -RRB- and Flinders Street Station , rather than a rapid Transit model , with a focus on services at peak periods
28) The Paris Métro or Métropolitain -LRB- -RRB- is the rapid Transit metro system in Paris
29) Image : Ford Taunus Transit 1964 1
30) New York City Police Museum site Accessed January 26 , 2008 The Housing Police , along with the New York City Transit Police , was merged into the New York City Police Department in 1995 by New York City Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and continues today as the Housing Bureau