1) To cause to pass over or through; to communicate by sending; to send from one person or place to another; to pass on or down as by inheritance; as, to transmit a memorial; to transmit dispatches; to transmit money, or bills of exchange, from one country to another.
2) To suffer to pass through; as, glass transmits light; metals transmit, or conduct, electricity.
Example Sentences for
1) Color vision is the capacity of an organism or machine to distinguish objects based on the wavelengths -LRB- or frequencies -RRB- of the light they reflect , emit , or Transmit
2) Although popular belief credited Pope Gregory the Great with having personally invented Gregorian chant -LRB- in much the same way that a biblical prophet would Transmit a divinely received message -RRB- , scholars now believe that the chant bearing his name arose from a later Carolingian synthesis of Roman and Gallican chant , and that at that time the attribution to Gregory I was a `` marketing ruse ' to invest it with a sanctified pedigree , as part of an effort to create one liturgical protocol that would be practiced throughout the entire Holy Roman Empire
3) Narratives of the inner world are a problem because the human psyche no longer seems a linear affair, as it did when what mattered was who your ancestors were and whether you would Transmit their beliefs intact to your own children.
4) This article is regarding smart cards that use electrical connectors to Transmit data
5) If two nodes are connected by an edge , it has an associated probability that it will Transmit from one node to the other
6) Narratives of the inner world are a problem because the human psyche no longer seems a linear affair, as it did when what mattered was who your ancestors were and whether you would Transmit their beliefs intact to your own children.
7) CCTV -LRB- acronym for Closed-Circuit Television -RRB- is the use of video cameras to Transmit images from covered-camera places to a limited set of monitors
8) The muscles are there, about the ears and beneath the scalp, and so are the nerves which Transmit sensations to the brain, but they are under-developed because they are not needed.
9) An optical fiber is a thin , flexible , transparent fiber that acts as a waveguide , or `` light pipe ' , to Transmit light between the two ends of the fiber
10) Closed-circuit television -LRB- CCTV -RRB- is the use of video cameras to Transmit a signal to a specific place , on a limited set of monitors
11) The muscles are there, about the ears and beneath the scalp, and so are the nerves which Transmit sensations to the brain, but they are under-developed because they are not needed.
12) It is a form of hypothecation tax to fund public broadcasting , thus allowing public broadcasters to Transmit programs without , or with only supplemental , funding from radio and television commercials
13) For example , plants can sometimes Transmit somatic mutations to their descendants asexually or sexually where flower buds develop in somatically mutated parts of plants
14) n our efforts to Transmit to our children information that will be useful to them in later life, we tend to focus on conventional subjects like math, history, and writing to prepare them for the next level in their educations