1) The stem, or body, of a tree, apart from its limbs and roots; the main stem, without the branches; stock; stalk.
2) The body of an animal, apart from the head and limbs.
3) The main body of anything; as, the trunk of a vein or of an artery, as distinct from the branches.
4) That part of a pilaster which is between the base and the capital, corresponding to the shaft of a column.
5) That segment of the body of an insect which is between the head and abdomen, and bears the wings and legs; the thorax; the truncus.
6) The proboscis of an elephant.
7) The proboscis of an insect.
8) A long tube through which pellets of clay, p/as, etc., are driven by the force of the breath.
9) A box or chest usually covered with leather, metal, or cloth, or sometimes made of leather, hide, or metal, for containing clothes or other goods; especially, one used to convey the effects of a traveler.
10) A flume or sluice in which ores are separated from the slimes in which they are contained.
11) A large pipe forming the piston rod of a steam engine, of sufficient diameter to allow one end of the connecting rod to be attached to the crank, and the other end to pass within the pipe directly to the piston, thus making the engine more compact.
12) A long, large box, pipe, or conductor, made of plank or metal plates, for various uses, as for conveying air to a mine or to a furnace, water to a mill, grain to an elevator, etc.
1) To lop off; to curtail; to truncate; to maim.
2) To extract (ores) from the slimes in which they are contained, by means of a trunk. See Trunk, n., 9.
Example Sentences for
1) Kamoke is a Tehsil of Gujranwala District located on the Grand Trunk Road now national highway , it is headquartered at K moke which is approximately 22 km from Gujranwala - the district capital
2) When he was on the branch, he leaned against the Trunk and slid his rifle into position, careful not to rustle the leaves
3) On the last night, with my Trunk packed and my car sold to the grocer, I went over and looked at that huge incoherent failure of a house once more.
4) The Trunk was wide with a multitude of plants growing up it, covering the bark
5) His pack was still outside lying against a tree Trunk and he needed the contents of the larger medical kit he always carried
6) Rio went up the Trunk quickly and tossed her clothes, shoes and a towel
7) They were slogging through the swamps, climbing carefully over the myriad of tree roots extending out from the base of the Trunk creating little mini cages
8) The tree had a silvery gray Trunk topped with a feathery bright green crown and it rose high above the bank, making it an easy landmark
9) They are different from most plants because they have large crowns of compound leaves and a stout Trunk
10) Rio slowly and carefully pulled the rifle from the cover of the Trunk and laid it over a root to steady his hand
11) Cycads are seed plants characterized by a large crown of compound leaves and a stout Trunk
12) ' 'Dana, our Advice to the Lovelorn columnist said that after the wedding, you should go out and buy a couple bags of canned groceries and stash them in the Trunk of your car
13) I was all Trunk but all baby boy too; a rolling, diving daredevil.
14) Leaning against the Trunk of an old tree, the Magus watched the girl vanish into the woods.
15) I was all Trunk but all baby boy too; a rolling, diving daredevil.
16) The Trunk rarely grows straight , with many branches that often originate quite far down on the Trunk
17) Jane—her lithe, young form flattened against the Trunk of a great tree, her hands tight pressed against her rising and falling bosom, and her eyes wide with mingled horror, fascination, fear, and admiration—watched the primordial ape battle with the primeval man for possession of a woman—for her.
18) Rachael hummed softly to herself, deliberately walked to the nearest tree Trunk laden with perfumed orchids and cut several to place on the wooden slab that served as her table
19) Leaning against the Trunk of an old tree, the Magus watched the girl vanish into the woods.
20) A tree hollow or tree hole is a semi-enclosed cavity which has naturally formed in the Trunk or branch of a tree
21) A pair of gonads are located in the mid-region of the Trunk , and open to pores in the final segment
22) He leaned against a tree Trunk tiredly
23) He then uses a computer virus to erase the program and dumps all of the DVDs and computer-related information into a Trunk and throws it out to sea
24) The animal circled the large Trunk once, then, like a silent wraith, returned to the man
25) Small valley glaciers form icefalls where they meet the Trunk glacier
26) Kamoke is a Tehsil of Gujranwala District located on the Grand Trunk Road , it is headquartered at K moke which is approximately 40km from Gujranwala - the district capital
27) Tarzan had fastened the end of the rope securely to the Trunk of the great tree on which he sat.
28) When she was able she edged along the fallen tree until she was wedged between the Trunk and the branch and could pull herself up enough to gain the massive root system
29) A rope reached from one Trunk to another
30) On the last night, with my Trunk packed and my car sold to the grocer, I went over and looked at that huge incoherent failure of a house once more.